This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why oh why Luna! (Gross!)

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one on here who has this problem (especially the ladies) but this disturbs me. (and probably entertaining to everyone on here.)

Just a few minutes ago I noticed Luna licking my underwear! My reaction to that was "What the heck Luna?!?! Ew!"

And pull them away and throw them in the hamper. This started happening last year when I discovered random pairs were found outside Sooo embarrassing! I do my best to throw them in the hamper where she can't get them but there are times where I'm either in a rush or so tired, I forget.

I hope I'm not the only one. Is it something to do with the scent that they do it? And share stories if you do. I like being entertained too

It's your scent. And where our scent is particularly concentrated, that's going to be what they react to most strongly.

My ex's mother used to have a dog that regularly stole her slippers. Didn't chew them, would just lie in her basket with her head resting on, or in, the slipper.
    Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

I've had to steal knickers back from the dogs....
      a simple "No, drop it" before trying to grab has prevented them from thinking its a game and tearing them up....

I think I once had to rescue a bra from outside... it was either hanging 1/2 out of the basket, or lying on the bathroom floor, and the dog ran by, and managed to get caught in the arm hole and drag it outside with him through the doggie door... he didn't even seem to notice he had it on him...

had to rescue mom's shoes a couple of times after we first got him... he didn't chew on them.. just stole one and took it outside... again - told him No, and then took it back inside... he's a rescue and not very bright...
      I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

My cat has a shoe fetish, if it's any consolation. Especially if it's my dad's shoes. She loves to just smell 'em.
        "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Our queen gets excessively needy around that time, and our older male would also get particularly needy and affectionate, which was notable as he was normally very stand-offish.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Marmalady View Post
            It's your scent. And where our scent is particularly concentrated, that's going to be what they react to most strongly.

My ex's mother used to have a dog that regularly stole her slippers. Didn't chew them, would just lie in her basket with her head resting on, or in, the slipper.
            That's it. That's why you see animals snoozing happily in the dirty laundry. To them there's no "ICK!!!" factor -- it's "Hey, this smells familiar!!" *curl up 'n' snooze*

Comment

When I was with my ex, we had to get a hamper because our wiener dog Dusty would take our underwear out of the basket and chew them up. Goofy little turd.

Comment

Quoth firecat88 View Post
                My cat has a shoe fetish, if it's any consolation. Especially if it's my dad's shoes. She loves to just smell 'em.
                Mine too! Just a half an hour ago - he tore down the hall with one of my slippers.

My sister used to have a cat that would wait until people were visiting and then go find a used condom to drop in the middle of the living room.

Comment

Our dogs like to sleep on things too, and they're not picky. I've found Danny curled up around one of Jazzy's tiny school shirts, Hailie has stolen underwear to cuddle with and just the other night, Danny stole my pyjamas while I was showering and was cuddling them when I walked in.
                  Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

Quoth auntiem View Post
                    Mine too! Just a half an hour ago - he tore down the hall with one of my slippers.

My sister used to have a cat that would wait until people were visiting and then go find a used condom to drop in the middle of the living room.
                    Chloe's never stolen shoes, but I've seen her stick her face inside my dad's shoes for no apparent reason besides to smell them.

And my brother-in-law's cat, Tyger, has a strange fondness for earwax.
                    "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Quoth auntiem View Post

Thank you for the best laugh I've had all week.
                      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

A long time ago I house sat for one of my sisters. At the time she had one dog and three cats.

I had taken my pantyliner out and thrown it away in the bathroom trash can, but the next day I found it in the mudroom!

I mentioned this to my sister when she came back and she said "Oh yeah, I have to throw my feminine products in the kitchen trash, otherwise the cats fish them out and play with them."

Thank god it wasn't something worse.

I've also heard from friends that their cats like to play with used q-tips. Yuck!
                        "If you pray very hard, you can become a cat person." -Angela, "The Office"

Comment

My parents' dog likes to sniff at people's crotches. And will take anything out of the trash that has bodily fluids (q-tips, tissues, pantyliners, etc.).
                          Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                          Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

my dog has two strange habits

One is tearing up used Kleenexes used by ONLY my GF. he does not seem to like mine for some reason

the other is period pads and panty liners. he breaks into the bathroom (we keep the door closed) gets into a Tupperware type container. rips them up and partially eats them so I have really watch his bowel movements for 2 or 3 days. this behavior has spanned my Ex and my current GF.
                            I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                            -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

One of my wife's cats is never more content than when sleeping curled up inside her worn jeans. And because we have horses and chickens, our outerwear isn't any safer from the "OMG911BBQ!!! What's THAT scent?!!!" reaction that usually is limited to undies and socks.

Comment

Working...
                              X