This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth a1axelady View Post
    AmericanZero, you and I work for the same company. I manage the deli/bakery depts. The donut case is only 10 feet from the express lane line. I had a woman come up to the counter and ask if I could check her out there. When i told her we had no register shesaid in the most snotty nasty tone of voice"Whats that then" and pointed to my bakery scale. Like I lied to her. There is clearly no place for a money drawer on it. Sorry if this is considered highjacking a post. Im a loooong time lurker and this is my first post.
    I feel sorry for anyone that works at a store in this company with a deli close to the front door. Its bad enough that I'm 'loss prevention' by proxy. I cannot count how many people I've stopped trying to walk out of the store without paying for their deli items. The problem is probably 10 fold at stores where the deli is smack next to the front door.
    --AmericanZero8503--
    Telling Stories from the Front Line a.k.a Customer Service at a Grocery Store

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
      Ew, diet soda............all my mother had at my brother's grad party was DIET SODA and alcohol and ROOM TEMPERATURE water.......(she's not the brightest bulb on the tree sometimes).

I really didn't want to mix booze and food, but I had no other choice. I threw a water into the ice box with all the booze for later when it would cool off. There was no regular soda.

I'm trying to keep soda to a 1 a day maximum but on weekends I might do 2...but not yesterday. blech.
      I cannot lie...a good Diet Dr. Pepper and some Sailor Jerry rum really hits the spot. I also like to point out that Diet A&W rootbeer tastes good mixed with certain rums and vodkas...but its usually the alcohol providing the taste that the diet drink is missing out on.
      --AmericanZero8503--
      Telling Stories from the Front Line a.k.a Customer Service at a Grocery Store

Comment

Quoth Mamadrae View Post
        With that being said you'd think I'd be overweight. Specially since I'm now a mom.
        Nope. Even after a baby I somehow have managed to retain an hourglass figure. My friends still want to know what baby I fed to the devil to keep my shape. Specially since I don't go to a gym.

This is usually when I look at my son and go "Hey buddy! Playground?"

I then proceed to follow my son all over the place. I'm climbing, jumping, running, and such right with him.
        And at a guess, you didn't put him in a stroller much? Carried him or let him walk? That's one of my current pet peeves: all the people pushing around four and five year olds in SUVStrollers. He needs the excercise, and with my work equipment, I need the elevator space, damnit!

Comment

Working...
        X