This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You really can't win

I don't have a shift at the pub until tomorrow night, but I got to witness this earlier!

So as I am sure some of you are probably aware, it is New Year's Eve. I was in town meeting a school friend to say an early happy new year. Nearest place was my pub. With it being New Year's Eve, the pub have put on some special offers, but rather than increasing prices like most places do, they have actually DECREASED them for one night only in order to wish the customers a happy new year.

I am stood at the bar chatting to a co-worker while I wait for my friend. One of the regular old farts starts yelling.

SC: You've cut the prices??? This is disgusting! I come in here every day and I have been paying 10 pence more for my pints! I want a cash refund for the extra money I have spent in here this year! It amounts to hundreds of pounds! You owe me hundreds of pounds! Get the manager!!!!

Manager basically told him to piss off.
    Last edited by customersruinmylife; 01-01-2013, 02:09 PM.

This just shows that if you do something nice, someone will find something wrong with it.
    "No good deed goes unpunished" - Clare Luce
    Life could be wonderful if people would leave you alone
    - Charlie Chaplin

The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.
    - Captain Jack Sparrow

Comment

Some people...
      1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
      -----
      http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

That's like going into a department store for a sale and demanding refunds for the "extra" money you spent for stuff at full price.

Good luck with that. What a twit.
        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Jeez, wouldn't you just love to try buying that old fart a gift??

Comment

Oh FFS. We had a customer try that the other night. Recently, as in maybe 6 weeks ago, we started a promo for teachers; they get x % off their FULL price clothing. So this customer brings out a receipt from the beginning of October, asking for an adjustment. Um no, sorry, no can do if its that old. Had it beeen several days ago, sure, we would have done it, but not that along ago, esp since the promo wasn't even in effect then!

Comment

Absolutely unbelievable how the customers in your bar behave!
              Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
                SC: You've cut the prices??? This is disgusting! I come in here every day and I have been paying 10 pence more for my pints! I want a cash refund for the extra money I have spent in here this year! It amounts to hundreds of pounds! You owe me hundreds of pounds! Get the manager!!!!
                Turn that around on him.

"By that logic, you owe us for all the pints you bought before the prices went up. You've been coming here three times a week, every week, getting at least two pints a night, for the past ten years, and prices have gone up about two pounds since you started coming in, let's see, you owe us... over six thousand pounds. Pay up."
                PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                  Turn that around on him.

"By that logic, you owe us for all the pints you bought before the prices went up. You've been coming here three times a week, every week, getting at least two pints a night, for the past ten years, and prices have gone up about two pounds since you started coming in, let's see, you owe us... over six thousand pounds. Pay up."
                  I was thinking something similar. My idea was more: Tell the customer "Okay, just for you, tonight, and every night for the next year, you will pay 10p MORE than the regular price per drink."

SC
                  "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

This is proof that you cannot make some people happy. Ever.
                    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
                      Manager basically told him to piss off.
                      A hell of a lot politer than the manager at some of the bars I've been Designated Brain Cell for.
                      I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Working...
                      X