Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collosal Scumbag (ranty and probably foul language)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collosal Scumbag (ranty and probably foul language)

Someone got her purse stolen at church yesterday. Well, not so much stolen, as snatched. That's right, some fuckwad decided to rob an old lady on her way into church. To make matters worse, this was not a crime of opportunity, but clearly thought out, as people (including me) reported seeing captain asshole in the building, and there really is no reason to be by the church, other than occasionally cutting through or going in the building. Also, the police think that mister cockhat lives in the apartments across the street. Another thing that irritates me is that the woman was helping a blind woman get to church when it happened. So essentially, this fuckstick decided to victimize the most helpless target he could, after scoping the place out for a while. But what really gets me is that shithead did it at a CHURCH, a place known for CHRISTIAN CHARITY. Asshat could have asked the pastors for money when he was in there, and they probably would have given it to him. Instead, the fuckstain decided to throw our sense of security into a tailspin and force us to be a little suspicious of strangers, the exact opposite of what we want to do. I really hope the police find him, and throw the book at him.
    All Hail Blortash, King of the Time Traveling Space Bears, who comes to us from Future Year 3032, known to us Earth Mortals as Regular 3032.

That's so many levels of wrong, I don't even know where to begin...

This makes me a sad llama.

I hope the poor woman is all right, and that said twatwaffle doesn't ruin the church. I'm not a Christian, but I do understand the quiet joy and peace some people get from worshipping together, I hope it isn't too tainted.

Comment

Why do people do that? Churches are more than willing to help out...

Went to visit my cousins last Christamas, so, of course, go to church with them. On the way out, I notice a sign next to the baptismal chapel. This sign reads that the wall will be remaining blank until a crucifix that the bishop gave the church on its anniversary is found and returned as some poor soul(s) decided to steal it.
      My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

They STOLE a crucifix? From a wall? They tend not to be small! Yikes.

And so true that if the man had just asked, he probably would have been given some money or directed to a social service group (ie in our church, Saint Vincent de Paul) to get help. Perhaps this man has been known to hang around the church and ask for money?

edit to add: So the pastor/priest has told him that the well is dry and he needs to seek assistance somewhere else?

Comment

Quoth lupo pazzesco View Post
          That's so many levels of wrong, I don't even know where to begin...
          A church (or any place of worship by any name) is supposed to be a place of safety and sanctuary, it can really screw up your head when you realize it isn't.

When I was about 12 we actually had to evacuate our church during services one Sunday, because someone called with a bomb threat! No actual bomb was found, nor did they ever figure out who had done such a thing and why.

It wasn't even like it was a controversial church or anything, it was actually just a well known Christian chruch known more for it's charity work than for being a church.

Madness takes it's toll....
          Please have exact change ready.

Comment

My church building got broken into once. I wish I could have seen the crooks' faces when they discovered we don't keep money around. The facillities offices may have had some petty cash, but the idiot wannabe thieves couldn't force the door open.

There is a special place in Hell for people who rob churches. I'll look forward to roasting marshmallows over his burning soul.
            I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Quoth Merriweather View Post

It wasn't even like it was a controversial church or anything, it was actually just a well known Christian chruch known more for it's charity work than for being a church.
              I'm guessing fundamentalists tended to associate ANY church as being extreme.

I don't go to church, although my grandma and aunt do. The only way you can tell where and what the church is, is by the logo on the front of the church. It doesn't even look like your traditional church (they're both Uniting Church of Australia). The logo itself is very distinctive.

As for the OP, what a jackass. There are plenty of places one can go to seek help.
              The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

As far as I know he never even tried asking the pastor for help, at least not that day. When I saw him, he was talking on his cell phone by the back entrance. This all occurred during the education hour, and as far as I know, the pastor was chatting with church members in the sanctuary the entire time. That's where he was after the first service, and that's where I found him to tell him what happened.
                All Hail Blortash, King of the Time Traveling Space Bears, who comes to us from Future Year 3032, known to us Earth Mortals as Regular 3032.

Comment

I go to a church...uh...scripture study place. Like a bible study for college folk. Anyway.

Our secretary got her purse swiped a few years ago out of her office. Another guy got his iPod swiped awhile ago.

It's horrible when the places you hold as sanctuaries are treated like opportunities to steal by someone else.

Stealing a crucifix is horrible and hurtful.

As for the guy in the OP,...I have no words.
                  Last edited by RootedPhoenix; 11-30-2009, 11:50 PM. Reason: fixing stuff
                  1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                  -----
                  http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Quoth Sightings Reporter View Post
                    They STOLE a crucifix? From a wall? They tend not to be small! Yikes.

I don't know the size of the crucifix, but I'd think it was a fairly decent size based on the size of the wall it was supposed to be on. Do know that it was described as being gold and pearl.
                    My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

My church gets robbed so often we might as well take out one of the walls and pile our stuff onto a furniture dolly so it's easier to steal.

I posted this some time back about it.

Comment

Do know that it was described as being gold and pearl.
                        That makes a bit more sense: gold and pearl have value in themselves, while a crucifix is really only useful if you believe in it... and in that case, you wouldn't be stealing it out of the church.

A few weeks ago, our minister announced before the sermon that someone had been leaving the church buildings unlocked, and to stop it. I think, if it were me, I'd have spoken with those who had keys in private; announcing it publicly lets people know how easy it would be to steal from or vandalize the place.
                        Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

That's just low. Stealing from a little old lady at church?!! I hope that bastard gets the book thrown at him...HARD!
                          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth Merriweather View Post
                            A church (or any place of worship by any name) is supposed to be a place of safety and sanctuary, it can really screw up your head when you realize it isn't.
                            My boyfriend's church has a sign that says not to leave valuables in the coatroom. Sure, maybe everybody who goes to the church would respect the place, but the church is in the real world and people can walk in from outside. It's just logical.

Comment

This thread kind of reminds me of the time that somebody shoplifted a Bible from our bookstore.

As one of my co-workers said, "The point is just being missed here."
                              “Excuse me. Is this bracelet real jade?”
                              “Ma’am, this is a thrift shop. The tag on the bracelet says $1.50. It comes with a matching mood ring. What do you think?”
                              “I don’t know.”
                              “Yes, it’s real.”

Comment

Working...
                              X