Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Those are my *oof* schoolbooks and lunch ...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those are my *oof* schoolbooks and lunch ...

Head Cashier was cashing out some people today and I saw her looking extremely pissed off when a customer walked out.

HC: "Yeah, he 'forgot his wallet.'" She shoved some stuff off to one side.

Me:

She said the guy had gone to put down his backpack and it was very obviously packed full, and very obviously full of very heavy stuff, given the way he handled it and the *thunk* it made when he put it down.

Her consensus: it was a brazen shoplifter, who had packed his backpack full of stuff and then come up to the register with several items and then conveniently "forgotten" his wallet.

And no, he never came back WITH his wallet.

I do realize it's quite possible he was totally innocent, had a bunch of heavy personal stuff in his backpack, and genuinely had forgotten his wallet. But given our total lack of pursuit of people who DO shoplift stuff ... I think the odds are equal that he was not just an innocent but absentminded "customer."

Also, yes, I did post some time ago that there was some kind of managerial order (likely from Alien Queen) that Head Cashiers were NEVER NEVER NEVER to work a cash register.

Apparently "NEVER" is over.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Forgive my ignorance, but how did she come by the nickname "Alien Queen"?
    My son thinks I'm Lucifer Morningstar. I'm not sure he's wrong.

Comment

You know the creature in the Sigourney Weaver 'Alien' movies ... ? I think there's one sequel where there's an Alien Queen. The human version in my store treats her subordinates like this is some kind of personal fiefdom, and apparently even has the store manager thoroughly cowed.
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

I hate shoplifters, I hope he really did forget his wallet and didn't stuff a lot of crap in there but considering people? More likely the latter.

Comment

Thank you, Pixilated
          My son thinks I'm Lucifer Morningstar. I'm not sure he's wrong.

Comment

Quoth Kittykat View Post
            I hate shoplifters, I hope he really did forget his wallet and didn't stuff a lot of crap in there but considering people? More likely the latter.
            We've definitely had people who genuinely forgot their wallet or purse, but I usually get to watch the men digging through their pockets and the women digging through their purses, and unless they're trying to walk off with something REALLY small, there's nothing suspicious. Also, they almost always come back for their stuff.

Problem is, since we don't do anything to shoplifters, I'm sure word has gotten around ...

Quoth YamiNoHime View Post
            Thank you, Pixilated
            You're welcome. I never even saw the movie with the AQ in it, but I've seen screen shots ...
            Last edited by EricKei; 06-12-2019, 10:56 AM. Reason: fu....sion.....NOOOOOOOOOW
            ~ Mr Hero

Comment

At the Store, I've learned that "My wallet's in the car, I'll be right back" is customer-speak for "I left my wallet at home and I'm too embarrassed to admit it".

Comment

Yeah, I've run into a few of those.

The classic, though, was the guy who wanted to use "Tap" -- which we don't have. He did have his card with him but had to call home to get his girlfriend/wife/whatever to dig through his desk to get his PIN ...

I don't remember what the outcome was, TBH. I think he finally was able to pay for his purchases. He was very apologetic and increasingly embarrassed so I really couldn't be mad at him.
                ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Working...
                X