This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a what? o.O;;

So last friday I was working with my employee J and in the middle of our conversation this guy comes up to the store and immediately starts digging into us:

Dudeman (DM)
    Me

DM: You guys are a bunch of Bastards
    Me: excuse me?
    DM: I need to update my software and you're charging me $35 to even do it. You guys are bastards.
    Me: You mean the free update from Palm?
    DM: It ain't free, it's $35.
    Me: No, it's free...its free for anyone who has registered their Treo...
    DM: You liar, I just talked to cingular and they said it'd be $35 to update my phone ()
    Me: Well, no...Cingular is just trying to make money from you. Are you sure you didn't check out the support page (as I start to load the browser on my comp).

I proceed to show him the support website with the FREE update to his Treo. He left without even giving me and J an apology for calling us both bastards. I just hope he doesn't come back asking for tech support or I shall have to snidely remind him of the name calling and then send him on his way home
    Movie, Music, Anime and many more reviews...coming soon!

I would've immediately thrown that jerk out on his ass. He has absolutely no right to just go up to you guys and start spewing that crap out, regardless of whether or not he has an account with your company.

Heh, I just noticed that we've both got VGCats avatars.
    "I don't have an anger problem I have an idiot problem!" - Hank Hill

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run around in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

Comment

Speaking of random insults, and slightly related, I once had a guy walk into Chesterfield,m middle of the day, TK and I were working together. Guy comes up to me, and immediately says "*some movie name*."
      M: *blink blink* "I'm sorry?"
      H: "*movie name*, where is it?"
      M: "We don't have any in stock..."
      Guy huffs, and TK types the title into the system.TK says "I found a listing..."
      H: "I don't mean to rub your face in this, but..."
      TK: *once the system actually shows him the status of the movie* "However, it IS out of print."
      H: "What?" *huffs again, and stomps out*
      I was *this* close to yelling after him "I don't mean to rub your face in this, but...!"
      Dumbass, I know what we have in the store, particularly after sorting every damn section in the store at least three times.
      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Ringtail Z28
        Heh, I just noticed that we've both got VGCats avatars.
        That's cause Scott's the man! Rat Flail FTW! I'd have my smoking Facehugger Avatar, but I was warned for that one >.>;
        Movie, Music, Anime and many more reviews...coming soon!

Comment

No way he'd have been advised about the free update if it were me.

Why should I go out of my way to point out his error, to his advantage, when he's just walked in and called me names before we've even begun any dialogue exchange? I would have simply politely sold him the $35 upgrade.

Comment

Working...
          X