This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Billy's friends have been getting worse

I don't know if he's still giving the number out but... fuck i've had this phone for 6 months now.

One lady who called for him seemed to hope I'd give her billy's new number. I'd already told her I had no idea who he was... but she finally got a clue when I told her I'd gotten the phone from walmart.

But the night before last I left the phone in my car. thank goodness I did... one of his friends called FOUR times... 4am, 436, 436, and 815.

since then i've ensured my voicemail has MY name on it... so when t hey call for billy they'll hear "PepperElf*"... maybe they'll figure it out.

* Well, my real name at least. which my long polish last name, which is why I don't mind putting it on the phone. They probably can't spell it anyway so...

I have been getting calls for a guy named Steve, bill collecters..who don't believe you when you say that Steve no longer has this number and one person texted me and said "We are going to chop wood on Friday do you want to come with", I texted back and said I had no idea who they were and told them my name, then on Friday, as I arrived at work the husband called and I said Steve does not have this number and he asks "is this "D", I said yes and he says "oh my wife said you texted her". I thought to myself.."why in the hell did you call if you knew the number did not belong to Steve"!! How stupid!!! Very annoying so I feel your pain!!

Comment

yeah it's weird tho... i've had the number for 6 months.
      i think maybe billy's giving it out still or something...

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
        yeah it's weird tho... i've had the number for 6 months.
        i think maybe billy's giving it out still or something...
        I got collections calls for this one woman for the three years I had the number. I have no doubt she continued to give out my number over the years to avoid creditors.

At least the school system stopped calling at the end of the academic year for her truant son.
        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

We've had people give our our dept. number to collection agents as their "contact number." Jerks. But that's not nearly as annoying as getting someone else's calls at your home.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

yeah that's what annoys me about this ... it's a pay-as-you-go phone

Comment

I occasionally get collection calls for some woman way into debt. Not because of my number, but because her name is the same as mine. Very annoying to try to convince people that I'm not her, especially since I have this fear (especially the first time it happened), that somehow someone got a hold of my info and there IS something in my name. But I'm paranoid about identity theft so I will NOT give them any of my info. I've discovered that I can ask for the address they have for her and when it's not mine I can state that the have the wrong person. Mostly they're good about getting me off their lists and I won't hear from the same place again once I take the time to talk to them.

Funny thing though. Was taking a look at my account at work (we're allowed to look at our own account, just not do anything) looked it up by name instead of account number and there was an account, WAY in the negative, under someone with the same name as me. My name isn't very common, so I can only assume it is likely the same person. So glad my own work's collection agents have never tried to call me. That would seriously annoy.

Comment

The most annoying are the automated messages..no way to tell them "Never heard of that person, go away please"
                Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

I keep getting calls for John. But I don't answer and they leave a voicemail. I need to change my vm greeting to include 'this is <my name> if your calling for John you have the wrong number.' Of course will the help? Unlikely.
                  Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                  Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

About a year after I got my phone, I started getting calls...I don't remember the guy's name. But I'd answer the phone, and the person on the other end would say "Who the f**k is this?!?" Yeah, I was about to ask you the same thing.
                    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Quoth dragon_wings View Post
                      I keep getting calls for John. But I don't answer and they leave a voicemail. I need to change my vm greeting to include 'this is <my name> if your calling for John you have the wrong number.' Of course will the help? Unlikely.
                      I thought of doing that too but I'm sure they'd ignore EVERYTHING except "billy".

I *do* have a text template I made that reads something like "I just bought this phone; I have no idea whom you're trying to reach" etc. i've had to send that out a few times.

oh but thankfully no billy calls the past few days. maybe they stopped trying when it was obvious i wouldn't answer the phone at 4am. ... actually if it had been in the house I would have but it was in the car. ... i almost wish I *had* gotten the call... billy's friends would have been very surprised to hear my voice i bet and not his... especially if it was a woman calling
                      Last edited by PepperElf; 10-31-2011, 10:34 PM.

Comment

Heck I don't know what is going on but I have recieved phone calls for a "Michelle" over the weekend. First Steven now Michelle..come on! I have had this phone for one month and I am seriously getting annoyed. I am usually a very nice person but I have been real bitchy with these phone calls. Hopefully they will stop soon!

Comment

If it was my phone I would be telling them that Michelle is with Steve and vice versa

Comment

When I got my current number the first week I had calls and text for the former owner. Ended up one of the people was an old high school friend, so I wasn't too annoyed when the guy kept texting me. xD
                            Honey and Thorns ~ Handmade Knit and Jewelry

Comment

Our home number still (after 5 years) gets calls for some woman from doctors and pharmacies. Our names are on the voicemail greeting and everything and it does no good. I've even talked to the doctors' offices and informed them of the mixup, even going so far as to question whether calling after being informed of the error is a HIPAA violation, but they keep calling....

Oh well, we're shutting the number down in a few months anyway....
                              "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Working...
                              X