This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Note Left on My Car

6 years ago (according to my FB memories) I left work after closing the store and found a note stuck in my driver side window. The following is my transcription of said note, leaving all punctuation and spelling as exact as I could when typing it out. The parts in brackets are the parts that I couldn't convey properly.

Hi My name is Dirk! I was in the turqoise-blue Honda CRX. You are wearing purple shirt (my fav-color) color of Royalty!) I also saw you in the store guess you are working thought you have a beautiful sexy simple look! You sure caught my eyes and you even smiled at me in the store and me back, well I thought I'd give you my # its, ***-***-**** Call me [other side]
    I don't know if your attached to anyone seriously, but I'm in the valley today & tomorrow Only! [Only is underlined twice!] visiting parents. I live in the white mountains up N. I'm alone would love to get to know you!! call me even if not interested okay I would appreciate it I know this is out of the way but thought you were worth it [worth it is underlined]

...I get the whole "If you don't ask, you don't get nothin" idea, but... Deliberately starting a long-distance relationship, or a quick fling via crappily written note is just absolute crap-at-best.

Of course, this is also glossing over the whole "employee doing good PR performance just MUST be flirting with me" angle.

Comment

Am I missing something, or - did this person have to stalk you a little to know which car you drove? There's no way any customer where I worked would know what car I drove. I like it that way.

Comment

Creepy much? If this were happening now, I'd be letting store security know to keep an eye on this guy, if you can put a face to the name.
        "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Call him maybe?
          AkaiKitsune
          Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Quoth workerbee222 View Post
            Am I missing something, or - did this person have to stalk you a little to know which car you drove? There's no way any customer where I worked would know what car I drove. I like it that way.
            That's my first question, how the F did he know which car to put the note on? I guess as things turned out, this guy was harmless but that is creepy as hell.
            D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
            Quoth = Crossbow "EvilHomer, Irv, Gravekeeper, and Seraph: the Four Horsemen of the Dumbpocalypse."

Comment

He probably saw me getting out of my car after I did the bank run. I did remember his car, it was parked in the spot diagonal to mine.

I'm terrible with faces to begin with, but no one that day stood out any more than anyone else, so I wouldn't have been able to point him out. Fortunately, nothing came of it aside from us laughing about the ridiculousness of it once the creepy factor wore off. The note lived in the office for awhile.

Comment

This is mostly handling this exactly right:
                "I didn't want to talk to you while you were working, so I found a way to message you privately. And, I'm providing my contact information and letting you decide if you want to provide yours. And I'm making it clear that I don't live locally, but do visit the area regularly, so that can inform your decision about whether to contact me."
                That's all good.

"And rather than put this note in an envelope and ask a co-worker to give it to you or something, I stalked you at least enough to identify your car. Hope that doesn't feel threatening."
                Not good.

But I get where it is coming from. When I was about 12 and girls first started appearing on my radar, ... you do want to find out a bit about the girl before you say anything. And I quickly learned that I was really very good at that. If a friend expressed interest in a girl, within days I would know her home address.
                Then I learned I needed to dial that back, because there's a line between "I find you interesting" and "I watch you when you sleep" that you want to stay well away from.

But the good news is that this guy seemed to think you are smokin' hot, have keen fashion sense, and you (or at least the version of you that you put on at work) are someone he wants to know better.
                And he felt all those things strongly enough to overcome his "but there's no good way to hit on her" blocks.

Comment

Still no excuse, and STILL pretty creepy as hell and violating.

Comment

He also blatantly missed my engagement ring.

But yeah, finding a note on your car at 9:30 at night in a mostly empty parking lot is not a fun time. (Admittedly, he would have left it on my car around 2-3 in the afternoon, so he had no way of knowing that.)

Comment

Quoth Rayndel View Post

But yeah, finding a note on your car at 9:30 at night in a mostly empty parking lot is not a fun time. (Admittedly, he would have left it on my car around 2-3 in the afternoon, so he had no way of knowing that.)
                      Yeah, had something similar once except I initially thought I had got a ticket for parking somewhere other then the employee parking (which is impossible for a customer who’s not in the know to understand those spots are for employees because it’s literally just a yellow dot with no signage or words and this always taken. Oh and there’s only about a dozen not a complex that has well over a hundred employees.) I just tossed it in the garbage. But then I also don’t have any problem dropping some civvie if they cross the line from creepy to outright pervy. Just because I’ve a 5’4’ women that’s 100lbs soaking wet does not mean I’m a soft target.
                      Last edited by AkaiKitsune; 03-04-2020, 10:55 AM. Reason: Because I have all the spelling ability of a 5 year old child.
                      Don’t worry about what I’m up to. Worry about why you are worried about what I’m up to.

Comment

Quoth Rayndel View Post
                        Creepers like this don't let little things like that get in their way. After all, in their own minds, they're hot shit, and anyone would be lucky to have them.
                        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                          Creepers like this don't let little things like that get in their way. After all, in their own minds, they're hot shit, and anyone would be lucky to have them.
                          Yup. "I know she's got a ring on, but if she gives me a chance, then I could change her mind!"
                          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Reminds me of a creeper I dealt with recently. Former coworker from YEARS ago asked me out a few months ago, and I told him I'm already with someone. His response?

"Can I still ask how big your rack is?"

After being told no, later in the (short) conversation, he stated, "You don't have to be sorry for being already taken."

He still wonders why I subsequently blocked him.

Comment

Working...
                            X