This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Argabarga View Post
    Still belongs to the corporation (or it's local real-estate holding arm) it doesn't become free public parking unless the owners sell it to the Borough, and even then, it wouldn't be free, the Borough would install parking meters.

There is not, never was, and never will be, free-for-all parking in this town, tis an impossible dream.
    I have to admit, I probably would try parking at a closed business figuring that I would not be in the way. But then the parking in your urban lands sound a lot more valuable and enforced than it is around here.

Love the epicly long Arga post! I scroll and scroll and scroll on my phone to make an overly long coffee break this morning!
    Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart!

Comment

Wow, the "Some Things Are Just Final" guy was REEAALLLLLY stupid ... as compared to the basic stupidity of most of the others.

What size of sign does he think would be acceptable, so he'll be made aware of all the non-exceptions and consequences, before he ... parks there anyway ...
      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Yay! I've been away for a long time, and looked forward to the Tow Files.

Thanks for the laugh.

Comment

Yay, just got back from a "short on time" vacation from foruming and here's a Tow Files!

Comments, in no particular order (much like me):

Always nice to see Beantown's exploits.

"Escheatment" refers to when an abandoned financial account (no contact with financial institution by owner for a certain legally mandated period, which I understand can vary by state) is surrendered to the state of the owner's last known residence. Might not be a bad idea to check with the Unclaimed Property offices in states you've lived in to see if there's something there of yours.

Those fakes were truly pathetic, especially the green one. I think my cat could have done better.

Great lines:
          "You are doing such a thorough job of that on your own that were I to render additional assistance in any way, I believe the SEC would immediately charge us both under anti-trust law." - on "making the vehicle owner look stupid"
          "Is it any wonder there are days I muse how even one of those millions of spermatozoa manages to find it's target if this is what it will eventually produce, I call em "weekdays". " - please note call center workers feel like this too
          "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Working...
          X