Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About the same time the mother arrived, a helicopter landed and several armed security personnel climb out, surrounding a very familiar looking female. Anybody who hadn't lived under a rock, and lived in America would recognize Marge. She wasn't the first Female President, but she was one of the few Presidents that had been compared to the 'greatest presidents'. Almost single handedly had gotten the budget under control, and had all parties working together. Described as having a 'powerful personality' even with all the big armed guards around her, her presence demanded attention.

Power walking toward the house, surrounded by guards, it would be easy to think of her as 'just another politician'..if not for the fact that she dictated the pace. The secret service seemed legitimately intimidated by her.

She walks right up to the door, and knocks.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Ananda's mother, a gray-haired woman of fifty, was shepherding her shopping into the door when she heard the knock. Immediately dropping the bags, she rushes to the front door, too startled to be reticent like her daughter.
      Ananda's back was against the side of the hutch as she watched people flow into the house, her father come from the kitchen, words and radio sounds being traded back and forth, "Please, sit," and "coffee anyone? There's plenty of it!"
      Goddammit mother, my life is disintegrating and you want to hand out coffee, Ananda thinks with a worried scowl. Her father respectfully greeted ... the President, Ananda got the overwhelming sense-- this wasn't a mutant acting, this wasn't a dream. She'd had the dreams where she thought they were real. This wasn't it. Woman, man, this was a president. The sense of that overwhelmed pretty much everything else about Ms. Bluefield. God, even her affixed title sounded lame.
      "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
      "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

President Bluefield, after thanking the mother but declining, hushed everybody and slowly walked over to Ananda. Bending down slightly, the all business aire she had vanished. She looks at Ananda. "Come now, you are the most important person in the room currently." she looks back at the agents as if to scold them.

"We've frightened her almost to death. All this pomp and circumstance. You all should be ashamed." she then glowers at the Major. "You especially." turning back, her face is calm and she holds out her hand. "No need to hide, nobody here is going to hurt you or anything. Can I ask your name?"
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Her father doesn't flinch from the scolding, which, thinking back, Ananda would know that he 'ignored' her by being the distraction-- having them talk to himso she'd feel better about her own position. He does blink, though.
          When the stateswoman turned her gaze back to Ananda, she realized it was time to get her feet back under herself. She took a shallow breath.
          "Uhm. Ananda. Why are you here?" Shaking her head quickly, she corrected herself-- "Uh, what's so important that you landed in the front yard?"
          "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
          "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

She looks back at the two females from section 3. "I was under the impression that my presence was needed to answer concerns about the legitimacy of Section 3." they seem to turn a little white under her gaze.

"Ma'm that .. was what we thought too. The Major said that she was not going to go anywhere until the meeting with you happened?" the looked confused toward the Major.

Comment

Ananda quickly put in, before she embarrassed herself further "--No, why do want me? I thought ... uh... mutant taskforces or something would be a lower security clearance or something? I don't know anything? Dad, um...it's like he rang the doorbell to make sure it worked!" She spat out, in a desperate attempt to explain that he was checking the legitimacy of what the two women had said.
              Apparently, it was very legitimate. She felt her face heat.
              "I'm not even really out of college yet."
              Her words felt small and pointed in the silence that the room had somehow acquired.
              Last edited by teh_blumchenkinder; 03-16-2011, 08:34 AM.

Comment

Marge thinks for a moment. "I will be perfectly honest. At first the taskforce would have had very little authority..but things have changed. More mutants have been showing up, and there have been other unusual things occurring, we needed a taskforce that not only has the authority, but autonomy to do what needs to be done."

She sits, looking directly in your eyes. "Not all mutants are friendly, some are down right aggressive. Section 3's main task will be to help remove any that are threats, recruit the ones that are not, and to sooth the tension about mutants for the world. For now it is secret, because it must be, but I am hoping that will not always be the case."

"As for why you are important..if Gemini Two is correct, and he normally is, you are pretty powerful. He can tell a persons power, don't ask me how, and he seems to think you may be able to alter the playing field to Section threes advantage when and if they have to confront another mutant."

Comment

Ananda couldn't stop the grin from forming on her face. "Altering the playing field? I'd say so." Did she know the double-meaning? Ananda couldn't imagine that she didn't.
                  She also couldn't imagine that she was supposed to stand up before the president, either.
                  "Uh..." she looked over at her mother, who was currently eyeing a Secret Agent who was dripping dirt on her carpets. The agent was ignoring the older woman.
                  "I graduate in two weeks?"
                  The echo from her dozens of resumes felt silly.

Comment

Bluefield stands up and smiles. "Excellent. Give them a call when you are ready, and they will arrange everything. Now my part in this is pretty limited, to giving them the needed authority in this country.." she hands you a card.."but you call if you need anything. That is a direct line."

She turns to the Major. "I hope that we have covered any issues or concerns about this?" as if noticing the mothers gaze, looks down .. "And we will pay for any cleaning, even installation of new carpeting or flooring if you think it needed."

Comment

Her father, dignified as ever in the presence of 'outside command'-- he often joked that the dogs and his wife were in charge-- replies in the affirmative, saluting again as he does so, and thanks her. Ananda hadn't noticed that he'd saluted before. It looked so strange when he wasn't in his uniform...
                      Just as quickly as they had poured into her small home, they were gone, and a helicopter fading into the distance, with a card in her hand, was all that was left of the surreal experience.
                      And the dirt.
                      EDIT: Ananda-Omake: O_____O G'whut?
                      Major-Omake: "hey my name's Marcus. Also, I should help you respond to those resumes you won't need."
                      Last edited by teh_blumchenkinder; 03-16-2011, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Robert walked into the local pub, still trying to figure out what to do. Having lost his job, he needed another, but almost all jobs had some contact with machines. It would be almost impossible.

The pub had an unusually strong field coming from it..no from one of the corners. Where a tall young man, was staring at the oddest computer screen Robert has ever seen. A blond man with spiked hair, what looked like aviation goggles, and some crazy looking gloves.

The man flicked a few keys on the keyboard, and suddenly the whole place went quiet. The man then put away his computer, picked up a leather jacket and threw it into the air..where it hang..

He stood up, places himself under the jacket, makes a motion with the glove .. and the jacket falls..right onto him sliding on effortlessly. Nothing else moves.

Approaching Robert, bringing his computer, the man states. "You are Robert Miller" then gives the recruitment 'spiel', card and all, but adds. "You want to work with computers and electrical equipment right? Section 3 is perfect for you. Our technology is .. special. Your power won't even cause it to blink."

((Keep in mind this whole time nothing has moved even the 'flowing beer' is just standing there..not flowing))

Comment

Rob stops and stares at the effect. And it takes a minute for him to recover. "I'll say... That's some kind of special." He looks around the room at the frozen actions, then back to the person who apparently caused it.

"What's Section 3? At this point I'm almost expecting you to ask me to step into a TARDIS."
                          » Horse Words «·» Roleplaying Stuff «

Comment

It took Kate two days to at least come to the decision that she wanted more information about all this. You know, informed decision and all that. So playing with the card the two gave her as she dials, she sits at the kitchen table, phone in hand.
                            My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

((I hope the two of you don't mind me replying to both one post..look for your characters names ))

Kate

Somebody picks up the other end. "Section 3, Alexis speaking. I am glad you called, shall we set up a meeting?"

Robert

He is told what everybody else was..international entity, etc. "No Tardis, but..." he opens his computer and punches a few buttons..and a portal opens up..."You can step into the rabbit hole if you are brave enough"

Comment

"Um...yeah. That would be good." Mild shock at the tone of recognition there, but considering caller ID and everything, shouldn't be that surprising.

((and no prob with multi-posts ^__^))
                                My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Working...
                                X