Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How'd you like to end up wearing that drink, you old fart ...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
    *I can brag that I grow Monarch butterflies from seed. You have to start by planting milkweed, which will attract Monarchs because that's the only plant their caterpillars can eat. This year, I raised 37 Monarchs and freed them to join the Grand Migration.
    Just wanted to say, this is so cool!

Comment

Thank you so much, Morgana I love butterflies and think that Monarchs are amazing. I try to entice people with raising their own Monarchs by bragging or even giving Monarch chrysalises to people with children because once you get the kids hooked, the adults follow!

Its easy and cheap to do. Free milkweed seeds are easily found online. I was using a 4X4 patch of dirt (now that we have a new home, that area will double) to grow the milkweed. When the butterflies laid their eggs. I cut off that part of the plant and put it in a cheap plastic container with a hole cut in the lid so the caterpillars didn't fall into the water and drown. Marbles help hold the plants in place. Container and eggs/cats go into one of those pop up laundry bins with lids.

Put everything into a protected area, without direct sunlight. When the cats start eating, they really eat. And poop. Feed them fresh leaves every couple of days and clean up the poop. (I use a dust buster for this, poop is not offensive at all, but I try to not do anything to disturb the cats.)

In a month, a beautiful monarch will emerge.

Back to the thread from the non-scheduled PSA>

This morning, I staggered into a small coffee shop and muttered something that I hope sounded like words. The barista nodded at me, handed me a small cup of black coffee and a menu with pictures then waved me off. I dropped 5 bucks in the tip jar and wandered off to drink my caffeine.

She did make me an awesome liquid candy bar with a couple of shots of expresso after I was able to speak properly.

Comment

Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
        This morning, I staggered into a small coffee shop and muttered something that I hope sounded like words. The barista nodded at me, handed me a small cup of black coffee and a menu with pictures then waved me off. I dropped 5 bucks in the tip jar and wandered off to drink my caffeine.

She did make me an awesome liquid candy bar with a couple of shots of expresso after I was able to speak properly.
        That is a very smart business. Know your client, indeed!
        "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Fun fact: there are coffee shops that DO sell alcohol. Have one right by the hotel where I work. I don't drink so I have never gotten anything stronger than coffee there, but it's available should someone want it.
          "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

A local indie coffee shop also sells wine ... not sure whether they sell anything else in that line.
            Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
            ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
              If you are that allergic to fat, would you go into a coffee shop and order dairy?
              It's not an allergy, it's a disease, and yes, she would go into a coffee shop and order dairy, mostly because she really does love that coffee shop. But she also wouldn't be a butthead if she was given the wrong dairy, she'd ask very nicely for the correct one. After all, mistakes happen.
              And since I don't know for sure, she could just order drinks without dairy.

Comment

Working...
              X