This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth FormerCallingCardRep View Post
    Hubby is facing another NF related surgery. The last on, Plaid and I sat and talked on PM while the surgery was going on

He had such a kind heart.
    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

• Quoth Ree View Post
      My poem for Plaidman:

They say that everyone leaves a mark upon the world
      and you did.
      They say that people leave footprints across the heart
      and you did.
      I never met you,
      and yet,
      I will never forget you.
      I never heard your voice,
      and yet,
      we had the most amazing conversations.
      You lived in a prison of pain, both physically and mentally,
      and yet,
      So many times, you eased my pain.
      At times, you felt unloved
      and yet
      You had so many people who loved you so dearly.
      You were a precious gift
      But you never truly knew your worth.
      I miss you, dear boy.
      I pray you are at peace.
      Ree, you are making me cry.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• Three years.

Thinking of him today, as I always do, and always will.

Miss you dear sweet boy.

Comment

• ...yeah, it's a rough thing. Miss you, Plaid.
          By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

• I was thinking about him today, too.
            "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

• Meow..........

Mike
              Meow.........

Comment

• Hard to believe that it's been 3 years. Plaid was a nice guy. I hope he's at peace now
                Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

• I remembered Plaidman a few weeks ago while shopping. I know a guy who works at Mall mart who suffers from (what i believe is) the same condition as he had, and made a point of asking how his day was and chatting.

Who knows, maybe that could stop him deciding to, well...
                  My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

• I feel like I'm forgetting the details: his voice, his laugh. But there's an echo. I miss that laugh.
                    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• *sad meow*

*hugs all, sets down plate of cookies*
                      1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                      -----
                      http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

• *HUG* I was just thinking about Plaid today...

Comment

• I think a lot of us have been thinking of him today, especially.

I posted this on my Facebook and it seemed to get a good response:
                          Why does it take the high profile suicide of a much loved celebrity to shine a spotlight on mental health and depression?
                          I am reading all these platitudes and quotes from his movies that have now become so much more significant and ironic in light of his death.
                          Last week, there was one I saw about loneliness. I have actually seen it a lot in the past. “I used to think the worst thing in life was to end up all alone. It's not. The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone." People have been sharing the heck out of that for a long time now, and nobody thought it was significant that a man who always seemed to have a smile on his face claimed to have felt lonely?
                          If someone who appeared to have it all, and to have his life together could feel so desperate and so much pain that he had no choice but to end it, then what about all of us average Joes?
                          Maybe it's time we started to pay attention to the people around us and really try to look at the burdens they are carrying and take them into account, or help to share the load. I know many people with depression and suicidal thoughts are really good at hiding it.
                          That's why we need to stop and think before we tease someone or make them the butt of a joke, or before we use harsh words or make assumptions that the person is seeking attention and faking their anxieties.
                          We do not know what is going on in anyone's head, so we have to do our best to be kind and build each other up rather than tearing down.

Comment

• An excellent post, Ree. If anything good can come of this news, it would be increased awareness of depression and other mental illnesses, and perhaps the removal of the stigma surrounding them and more help for those who need it.
                            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                            My LiveJournal
                            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

• Four years. Feels like four minutes.

Rapscallion

Comment

• In some ways it feels like forever, and in some it was just an eye blink ago.

Rest in Peace, beautiful boy.
                                "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Working...
                                X