This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Severen13 View Post
    but I don't. She's horrible because she enjoys it.
    No kidding, she sounds like a raving sociopath. What will it take to get her banned?
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
      No kidding, she sounds like a raving sociopath. What will it take to get her banned?
      I wish I knew.
      I question my sanity every day. Sometimes it answers.

Comment

Severen13, I'm curious is there a giant basketball in the downtown area of your city?
        Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

Quoth Tanasi View Post
          Severen13, I'm curious is there a giant basketball in the downtown area of your city?
          Yup, and a lot of orange.

Comment

Quoth Severen13 View Post
            Yup, and a lot of orange.
            I thought so, SoKno here
            Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

Quoth Tanasi View Post
              I thought so, SoKno here
              Howdy, neighbor!

Comment

We have a man who calls periodically to order things, and has sent every single item back. Boss tries to be fair about it, and hasn't charged him for return shipping.

Our back of house person answered the phone this week and told the boss, "It's Charlie from Houston." He wanted something we don't carry. We *could* order it from one of our vendors, but he'll return it to us anyway.

Boss referred him to our competitor.

Comment

I don't understand it

Quoth ladyjaneinmd View Post
                  I'm constantly amazed at the abuse that customer service people have to put up with. And why? Do these people really generate all that much money for the company? What if we all started refusing to serve these customers? Hang up on them. Ban them from the store. I doubt if stores would go out of business, but the customers would learn to stuff their opinions if they EVER wanted to buy anything again.

Of course, that's just me dreaming. It'll never happen. Sucky customers will just get suckier.
                  Years ago, the company I worked for had the accountant check which customers were costing us money, the top ten bad customers were told to pay up or get lost. Next thing you know the profit had doubled. Fewer customers = more profit!!!

Comment

Quoth ladyjaneinmd View Post
                    What if we all started refusing to serve these customers? Hang up on them. Ban them from the store. I doubt if stores would go out of business, but the customers would learn to stuff their opinions if they EVER wanted to buy anything again.
                    That's the thing I like best about running my own online business. If a customer gives me crap, I can block them. They can't buy from me again, and even if they don't learn the lesson, at least I won't have to deal with them again.

For the sake of the employees, I do wish other businesses would adopt this model. If a customer abuses the staff, ban them. I'm not talking about legitimate complaint ("This item was broken when I received it."), I mean being a bully ("Your merchandise is crap and you're obviously too stupid to get a job anywhere else!"). Bully the staff, get banned. Either the customer learns proper behavior or finds his/her options severely limited. If you're going to be a shit, go float in the toilet. I'd rather spend my time with decent customers.
                    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                    My LiveJournal
                    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                      For the sake of the employees, I do wish other businesses would adopt this model. If a customer abuses the staff, ban them. I'm not talking about legitimate complaint ("This item was broken when I received it."), I mean being a bully ("Your merchandise is crap and you're obviously too stupid to get a job anywhere else!"). Bully the staff, get banned. Either the customer learns proper behavior or finds his/her options severely limited. If you're going to be a shit, go float in the toilet. I'd rather spend my time with decent customers.
                      There have been enough studies over the last couple of decades that bear out the above business "model" ie. less crappy scammy abusive customers = better employees = happier good customers = more profits. But FOR SOME STUPID reason companies whole-heartily embrace the "make the customer happy at any cost" model that in the long and short term costs them $$$$$'s kills employee moral, kills employee raises, kills employee give a fucks.......

You see the pattern.
                      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post

My work does have this rule, in that we are allowed to hang up on students (both prospective and current) who are abusive to staff. That definitely gets enforced.

Comment

If your company has a ban policy, this lady is a prime candidate...or will they not do it because she continually spends money with you?
                          "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
                            If your company has a ban policy, this lady is a prime candidate...or will they not do it because she continually spends money with you?
                            I wish I had the actual answer.

Comment

"We can't ban her, look how much she's bought!"

"Yeah, but look how much of that she's returned, and how much that's cost us in restocking..."

It's some kind of weird blindness, they can only see one set of figures at a time, and that's assuming they're capable of seeing the other set at all!
                              This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                              I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Well, the stuff she bought is income to the store.

The returns and restocking are all the employees' fault because they didn't sell her stuff correctly in the first place. Because all employees should have magic wands that make people who buy things solely in order to return them into reasonable human beings....
                                “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                                One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                                The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Working...
                                X