This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wise Words Game

In this game, each poster will briefly explain the wise words of the post above them. Then they will post some wise words for the person below them.

Wise Words: The right decision is not always the easy one.
    My Fanfic Page
    My Fiction Page
    My Social Group
    My Pet Social Group
    My You Tube Channel

Quoth purplecat41877 View Post

Wise Words: The right decision is not always the easy one.
    Making the right decision is not always easy, but you will know when you have made the right one. You will be a stronger person through all of the hard work and sacrifice and those around you will also be better.

Now my turn...A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.
    Running on ice is just as smart as shoving a fork in the toaster - Blas in regards to a dry pool diving team member who decided to run across a 50 mph highway following an ice storm

Comment

Quoth SteverinoNY! View Post
      Now my turn...A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.
      It never hurts to help another person out - it takes nothing away from you, and in fact, you end up with more "light"

Wise Words (From SWMBO aka My Mom) Think before you ink.
      The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
        Think before you ink.
        Choose your words wisely. Make sure that what you put to paper/email/internet is what you wish to convey. Double check to ensure that you really want to put it out there for all to see.

(Been there, didn't do that - yikes )

Wise Words: "Ignorance is the only bliss"
        No... Just No! And I mean it this time!

Comment

Quoth TOLady View Post
          Wise Words: "Ignorance is the only bliss"
          When you choose to live blindly, the only happiness you'll ever receive is the knowledge you missed something bad. You'll never experience the other things life has to offer.

Wise Words: "If the enemy's in range, so are you."
          I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Meaning: Think before you start a conflict, because even if you win, the other person will be able to get a shot or two in.

Wise words (courtesy of the mother of one of my best friends): Sucks royally to be an adult.
            "Darling, you are a bitch. I'm joining the Navy." -Cinema Guy 4/30/2009

Comment

Quoth Shards View Post
              Wise words (courtesy of the mother of one of my best friends): Sucks royally to be an adult.
              Adults are saddled with responsibility, must work, and often make difficult decisions where there is no clear win.

Wise Words: (on a gravestone) Where you are, so once was I. Where I am now, so will you be.

Comment

Ah, Memento Mori.

Ashes to ashes and dust to dust. It's something we all have to face.

Here's a doozy from my Catholic High School days.

"Because God is all-just we know there is a Hell. Because God is all-merciful we don't know if there's anybody in it."
                Research is the art of reading what everyone has read and seeing what no one else has seen.

Comment

Quoth LibraryLady View Post
                  Here's a doozy from my Catholic High School days.

"Because God is all-just we know there is a Hell. Because God is all-merciful we don't know if there's anybody in it."
                  God will not punish because he is merciful. He forgives.

Wise Words: "Better to be silent and thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Quoth Nurian View Post
                    Wise Words: "Better to be silent and thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."
                    Meaning: There are some things not worth responding to.

Wise Words: Be aware of all that surrounds you.
                    My Fanfic Page
                    My Fiction Page
                    My Social Group
                    My Pet Social Group
                    My You Tube Channel

Comment

Meaning: Don't be so short-sided that you can't see what else is going on in your life.

Wise words: It's like trying to make a pig dance ballet: You look foolish and you annoy the pig.

Comment

Meaning: Some things are amazingly stupid and shouldn't be attempted.

Wise words: Those who live in glass houses should invest in Venetian blinds not throw stones.
                        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                          Wise words: Those who live in glass houses should invest in Venetian blinds not throw stones.
                          Don't do hurtful things to others, because it's going to do at least as much damage to you.

Wise words: "Live with no compromise of truth, and no lack of love."
                          "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

Quoth JoitheArtist View Post
                            Wise words: "Live with no compromise of truth, and no lack of love."
                            (wow there are quite a few ways to take this)

Meaning: Don't settle for what you know to be false and don't be afraid to love someone.

Wise words: "The pen may be mightier than the sword, but nations will never send poets to battle."

Comment

Meaning: If diplomacy fails, it's soldiers that die.

Wise Words: If you seek a change, look within.

Comment

Working...
                              X