This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter storm '13 TX, OK, AR, MO Sound off

since the ice/sleet/snow has started i wanted to make sure everyone was doing alright. I know that the northerners are going to scoff at the paltry 3-6 inches of crap expected to be dumped on us, but knowing my area, 1/2" of precip can close schools and fubar traffic.

So sound off and let us know you're alright!
    This is a drama-free zone; violators will be slapped. -Irving Patrick Freleigh
    my blog:http://steeledragon.wordpress.com/

I'm in the Frozen tundra of Minnesota, and it sucks here. Right now it's 2F (-16C), and the wind is blowing at 21mph. This means the windchill is -25F (-31C).

We also had 6 inches of the crap here, and it made the roads a nightmare yesterday. At least I'm not in the Two Harbors area that got 42 inches of that crap.
    "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

In west texas, and its sleeting. Some of the smaller school districts have had early dismissals and we've already had at least two wrecks from stupid drivers!

Comment

I live near the Dallas/Fort Worth area, and it's supposed to get up to 38º F today, and only 32º F tomorrow.

The weather is supposed to be such that they moved a couple of high school football playoff games from Friday Night to Thursday Night, and moved the kickoff up an hour and a half, just to try to beat the freezing temps and possible freezing rain/sleet.
        Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

based on the radar im seeing right now everything south and east of I-44 is getting hit pretty hard with sleet and freezing rain, mother nature really knows how to fuck you with your pants on dont she

Comment

Lucky me. I'm driving up to Pittsburgh from DC tomorrow, and back on Monday. I am hoping the oncoming storm will either slow down, or go somewhere else. But it doesn't look like it will.
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

It seems to be OK here so far. Fortunately, I have enough groceries that I won't need to go to the store if it gets really icky later.
              Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

just stepped out on the stoop and the sleet comming down sounds like a hard and fast saute, kinda creepy

Comment

Kiddo is officially not going to school. Wish i could say the same for work!

Comment

Okay, and I'm not going to complain about the glaze of ice that made things a bitch that we got here in Iowa yesterday. Everyone stay safe out there!
                    "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

well, only half an inch of crunchy sleet/snow at my apt, lot is slicker than glass, the sand trucks are out but it will take a while to get things done, more is expected tomarrow with ending accumulations around 3-6" im hoping for the former personally

Comment

It's -4F right now and I don't want to know the wind chill temp.
                        Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Quoth Cia View Post
                          It's -4F right now and I don't want to know the wind chill temp.
                          I hear ya. I've only got so much gear to put on and still get something done, so once that negative shows up, I don't bother listening/watching anymore.

NE Wisconsin, and we really lucked out on phase one. Snowed, but the temp held enough on Wednesday to wash everything fairly clear with rain, then the precip stopped before the temps plummeted.

Re: thread title - it's ominously quiet from all my Missouri friends. We used to get one or two ice storms a year when I lived there - not fun, and not something you can get used to (driving and walking-wise) so I hope they are hunkered down.

Comment

San Antonio here, and we have...well, just a bunch of cold. No sleet or rain, yet. My big Christmas party is tomorrow so hopefully the bad weather doesn't come this far south. Most of my guests are local, but one couple is coming down from Austin and I'd hate for them to have to drive in freezing rain (or miss the festivities.) On the other hand, the 35 degree temperatures have meant that my garage has doubled as an excellent second fridge for things that need to kept cool!

Comment

Where I am in Kentucky, we got quite a bit of the freezing rain this morning. It switched to snow sometime in the early afternoon. Now I'd say we've probably got an inch or two of snow on top of the ice. More's coming tomorrow.
                              I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Working...
                              X