This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy birthday to me.

It's 1:45 am, and I am in the hospital. Why, because a damn pork chop decided to get lodged in my throat, and it's not going either way on it's own.

Yeah me.

And it turned into my birthday while in the ER. Fun
    "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Yes. Yes. I can definitely think of better ways to spend my birthday.

I hope you are doing well and have already gotten out.

And, of course, may you have a HAPPY Birthday, and many more, without the hospital visits.
    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

I got out at around 4AM this morning. At work now for a bit longer, then off for a very much needed fishing trip.

It took about 10 minutes to get it out, and the doctor found no issues (cancer, damage due to acid re-flux - don't have it at all) while checking me out after.

It's just due to the way my throat is, and I've had things stick a bit in the past, but never anything like this.

I'll be fine, though my throat hurts a bit, and no solid foods today. I can, however, have beer tonight once I get to the lake.
      "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Beer and fishing? Bah! Who needs solid food when you have them?

Glad to hear you are okay. I hope you enjoy your trip!

Comment

Old age is when the definition of "A great day!" changes from:

"I scored!" (in any of the myriad uses)

to:

"I got to shit/piss/roll-over/stand-up/walk without wanting/having to scream!"
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

And you're at least middle-aged when your idea of a great Friday evening is quality time with your pillow.
            "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth Victory Sabre View Post
              It took about 10 minutes to get it out...
              It's just due to the way my throat is, and I've had things stick a bit in the past, but never anything like this.
              That's what she said

Glad you're still in one piece and got your birthday making your own home made beer battered fish....
              The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

I got out at around 4AM this morning. At work now for a bit longer, then off for a very much needed fishing trip.

It took about 10 minutes to get it out, and the doctor found no issues (cancer, damage due to acid re-flux - don't have it at all) while checking me out after.

I'll be fine, though my throat hurts a bit, and no solid foods today. I can, however, have beer tonight once I get to the lake.
                Well, hey, at least you get beer! Happy birthday, and many more, and have a wonderful fishing trip!

Quoth dalesys View Post
                Old age is when the definition of "A great day!" changes from:

"I scored!" (in any of the myriad uses)

to:

"I got to shit/piss/roll-over/stand-up/walk without wanting/having to scream!"
                Or: "I got a solid six to eight hours of sleep without having to get up every two hours to say hello to Mr. Loo ..."

Quoth Seanette View Post
                And you're at least middle-aged when your idea of a great Friday evening is quality time with your pillow.
                It's Thursday and not Friday, but I'm heading there ASAP. Had my first (and hopefully last) eight-hour shift at my new job today and I'm pretty sure I am VSA, as they say in those TV medical dramas (my sis, who is in the health care field, assures me that's not a phrase that's ever used in real life ...)

It took about 10 minutes to get it out....
                Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                That's what she said

What, no WD40 on hand ... ?
                Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Fishing trip went very well. I was pretty damn sore the first day, which made it harder to net the fish (which I did a lot). I'm back to 100% now. Feeling good, at least I will be till the bills come in.

Oh, well, that's why I saved up money, just in case of an emergency.

Comment

Working...
                  X