Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ((Complaining that we're too far ahead. But he's caught up obviously))

"Um...southwest Virginia. You guys?" She includes Rob in that question.
    My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• "I'm from all over, but I was in Seattle when ... um." She glances over at the talking knot of Section 3 people. Agents? She looks back, "when those two with the red and blue hair showed up."
      "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
      "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

• "Northern Virginia. I worked in DC for a while, though."
        » Horse Words «·» Roleplaying Stuff «

Comment

• "I got the federal agent treatment. But I thought they were like, you know, the Witnesses or something like that." She looks at Rob. "What did you do in DC?"
          My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• Ananda nods, getting more into the conversation and agreeing with the woman at the same time.
            "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
            "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

• And emotions for the empath: Rob's nervous and being a bit overwhelmed by all this. More by having to meet new people than the whole, you know, dragged into a superteam part. "Government contractor. Did wiring sometimes, but mostly set up and maintained computer networks. Lost that gig thanks to my powers flaring up."

He's basically making it through this by just cruising along on how neat and new and shiny all these things are. He can have a social anxiety panic later, after he gets someone to show him top-secret supertechnology.

Comment

• Ananda breathes a mental sigh of relief-- she didn't bring it up first. She still felt like it was an elephant in any room she went into nowadays, literal or metaphorical. "Why? What can you do?"

Comment

• He turns to her. "Force fields and flying. I'm pretty sure they both work off the same force, but I haven't really had much chance to experiment on that kind of thing. Problem is it's apparently based in electromagnetics. Employers aren't very happy when you suddenly turn into a walking magnet in their server room. How about you two?"

And apparently he's calming down a bit now that he gets to spout technobabble.

(And presumably these three have formed a little side conversation while the rest of the characters are dealing with arrivals and official talk.)

Comment

• Ananda, sympathizing, gets a pained look on her face, nodding-- "No, they wouldn't be..."
                    And, having thought long and hard about this, she explains, "I can... change things. If there's stuff, I can change it."

EDIT: (( that's exactly what I'm thinking))
                    Last edited by teh_blumchenkinder; 03-16-2011, 11:37 PM.

Comment

• " 'If there's stuff, I can change it?' Change it how?" Kate cocks her head to the side. She's started unconsciously sending out a little empathic calm over the other two. Which is having the side effect of keeping her calm too.
                      My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• Ananda shrugs. "Depends. I haven't done much with it, I'm afraid it might make radioactivity. Usually it's ..." (Kate notices an upshoot of distractedness in Ananda, like she's thinking about a lot of near-random stuff, it's a long pause while she searches for words) "... usually it's stuff like when I made my KISS t-shirt into a Rolling Stones one."

Comment

• Blink at that. "Aren't those kind of...completely different genres?"
                          My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• Ananda perks up "Yes! Exactly my thought! I have no idea how that happened!"

Comment

• "I'm still amazed at the level of description we got there. But what about your abilities?" That last part to Kate.

Comment

• "Oh! Um..." The calm is underscored by a slight nervousness. "Best description I've found is empathy."

((To clarify: She was essentially projecting a calm feel to you two, but now, being distracted, it's been tinged. So play with it as you will))
                                My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Working...
                                X