X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coffee drinking on autopilot

I actually did this sometime last week.

I was up early for work and grabbed a bottle of what I thought was creamer for my coffee.

Pancake syrup ended up in my cuppa joe instead.

Tasted all right.....
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Ha! I was JUST trying to figure out what to put in my latte to make it taste like a chocolate chip cookie.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Syrup. Well, I guess it isn't that funny. My brother puts syrups in his coffee all the time. But they're usually Irish creme or hazlenut.
      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

While I've not made that mistake (yet) I have - once or twice - turned on the coffeemaker without realizing I hadn't filled it with water and coffee.
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

My brain burp of choice is usually putting sweetener & milk in my mug, then forgetting to drop in the teabag before pouring in the hot water. It happens to all of us
          Last edited by greek_jester; 03-02-2012, 06:17 PM. Reason: Can't spell today >.<
          "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Reminds me of Dennis Leary's Locked and Loaded skit about coffee. Long story short he ended up with coffee that tasted like syrup even though he wanted coffee flavored coffee (unheard of in a lot of places where he lives I guess)

I don't drink coffee, and usually have it premade if I do. But I have one time put salt on my pizza when I meant to put garlic powder in. Lemme tell ya, that was the grossest pizza I ever had.

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
              While I've not made that mistake (yet) I have - once or twice - turned on the coffeemaker without realizing I hadn't filled it with water and coffee.
              Or put the stuff in and forget to turn on the coffee maker. That's my typical burp.
              If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Quoth raudf View Post
                Or put the stuff in and forget to turn on the coffee maker. That's my typical burp.
                Now that you've mentioned that, there was that one morning where I accidentally turned on the wrong side (I have one of those dual carafe models.)
                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

i put chocolate syrup in my coffee and milk
                  there's some people with issues that medication, therapy or a baseball bat just can't cure

Comment

Quoth raudf View Post
                    There's something worse to forget...

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post
                      There's something worse to forget...
                      Had that happen last summer when we had that moron working on my office. He did that very thing.

That was the LAST time he was allowed to touch my coffeemaker.

Comment

I was trying to fill the sugar container up with sugar once and I accidently poured it into my coffee cup. Thankfully, this was before I put the coffee in my cup...

Comment

Least it wasn't something worse, Irv. About fifteen different things that could be found in the kitchen have already gone through my mind, and made me shudder.

Quoth cashierbex View Post
                          coffee flavored coffee (unheard of in a lot of places where he lives I guess).
                          While a little bit of comic-hyperbole, he's not wrong. Sometimes it can be really damn hard to just get a cup of coffee. I don't want a latte, or a mocha, or any such things (fine, but I don't want 'em). Don't want creamer or milk. Don't want syrups. Don't want anything but the coffee.

Which is why I brew my own pot every morning and bring a thermos to work.

Comment

At my hotel one of the brain-dead front desk clerks wanted to re-heat her cup of coffee. How? By pouring it BACK THROUGH the coffee maker! So when I went to make guest coffee in the morning, and started with just making hot water for tea, I got what looked like coffee....And checked the reservoir and found COFFEE! She was all innocent like "ooooo, that's not how you're supposed to do it?"
                            "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
                              At my hotel one of the brain-dead front desk clerks wanted to re-heat her cup of coffee. How? By pouring it BACK THROUGH the coffee maker! So when I went to make guest coffee in the morning, and started with just making hot water for tea, I got what looked like coffee....And checked the reservoir and found COFFEE! She was all innocent like "ooooo, that's not how you're supposed to do it?"
                              And it's stuff like that that makes me glad I'm the only person in my house who drinks coffee.

Let's just say the news headline would read "Local Woman Goes Beserk With Coffeepot"

Comment

Working...
                              X