X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annoying person!

Me: Awesome game store manager!
    SP: Clueless person that I really dont want to call a customer.

Me: Ma'am, you cannot sit on the floor and read the comic books.
    SP: You mean I have to buy the comic if I want to read it?
    Me: That is exactly what that means, this is a retail store not a library. There is a price tag on the sealed comic book protector that you opened.
    SP: *automatic CBF (cat butt face)* Then I am never shopping here again!
    Me: Can I have that in writing? Sorry Ma'am but that is the rules.
    SP: *Leaves store with a very angry look on her face*
    "Employees can make or break any business, so treat them with respect. Job satisfaction has little to do with money. Discover what it has to do with and make sure they get it."

Ummm... Shopping means looking to buy something. Opening a sealed comic book and reading it isn't shopping. How can they say they are never shopping there again if they were not shopping in the first place?

Comment

Sounds like she wasn't shopping there in the first place! How can some people be so obtuse?

Comment

They opened a sealed comic book? I can't believe you didn't charge them for that! Man they got off light!
        Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
        What's the difference?
        We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

This is something that irritates me about going to the book store: people treat it like a library. They sit there sipping on a coffee and reading a book that is suppose to be sold as a new product. They will read a whole book and put it back without even buying it...
          Getting offended is a great way to avoid answering questions that make you sound dumb. - exmocaptainmoroni

Comment

I'd... have made them pay for it. Since the packaging was opened and the comic book was now 'lightly used', could you even sell it at full price still?

Comment

Quoth Arcus View Post
              Ummm... Shopping means looking to buy something. Opening a sealed comic book and reading it isn't shopping. How can they say they are never shopping there again if they were not shopping in the first place?
              Arcus beat me to it. "Ma'am, you're not shopping here now." Although then I supposed you'd have gotten "But I was gonna buy it!!"

Comment

Quoth Arcus View Post
                yep that's stealing.
                break the seal you buy it

Comment

Quoth Mystic View Post
                  This is something that irritates me about going to the book store: people treat it like a library. They sit there sipping on a coffee and reading a book that is suppose to be sold as a new product. They will read a whole book and put it back without even buying it...
                  I will read a book at a bookstore... but only a book I have already bought or intend to buy before I walk out. Only exception is if the book doesn't hold my interest in the first few pages; then I will put it back.

Comment

/shrug. I'll read it if it is allowed, I won't if it isn't.

Comment

Quoth Mystic View Post
                      That's why I don't care for the patrons at Barnes & Noble. Some people spend hours there, then they'll reach a stopping point by writing down the page they are on, put the book back, then return at some later date. It's annoying.

Comment

The manga section at the Border's here (RIP) was always full of teenagers reading. I don't recall ever seeing one of them buy anything. But not just teenagers. There were always at least one or two guys in the history section reading books they never seemed to buy, either.

And then there was the day I overheard one of the local bums telling another one how he always walked out with a book under his jacket after using the restroom. (I did tell the clerk about it and was able to give her a description. She said she knew who I meant. I never saw the guy near the store again.)
                        Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                        HR believes the first person in the door
                        Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                        Document everything
                        CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth Mystic View Post
                          Doesn't Barnes and Noble kind of encourage that? Although they are hoping that you will get tired of sitting in the store...buy the book and then go home.

Comment

The people that annoy me at bookstores are people who block the aisles as they stand there reading/sitting on floor. I will read the first few pages some times if trying to decide if book is some thing I will read.

Comment

I think generally the bookstores encourage you to sit and read, because then you're more likely to either buy the book (or other books) or buy coffee or something from their cafe.
                              My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Working...
                              X