Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Distorted bass does NOT make you cool! (language)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distorted bass does NOT make you cool! (language)

Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow.

There's a big black SUV outside. Their bass is so high the distortion is causing my windows to rattle.

And it's rap music. Not good rap music, but the local crud that sounds like some guy just ranting about his bitch and trying to pass himself off as a pimp. And failing at both because all he did was throw down some bass and drum machine under a barely-rhyming verse.

And me, being the little person I am (5'2", 120lbs) probably shouldn't wander up and knock on a strange car's window and ask them to turn their music down before they break the wine bottles in my window display.

Argh! Make it stop!

911 with a report of disturbing the police.

I don't hear it much with cars on the route but I do hear it coming out of one house kinda bad...like one street over I can feel the bass.

Comment

In a old apartment of mine there was a decked out caddy that would do the same thing... at 5:30 am. I work nights so waking up to that crap in the middle of my sleep pattern as well as him honking his horn non-stop daily got on my bad side pretty quickly.
      I once got up, put on some pants, walked to the car, knocked on the window and infirmed him people are trying to sleep and if he actually knocked on the door that might hurry said preson up more than honking. He cursed me out and told me to mind my own buisness.
      Sleeping was my business and he was interrupting it.
      The next week a friend came over and stayed the night, with his paint ball gun and hot pink paint pellets. 5:30 rolls in, cue the windows rattling and the honking. My friend takes aim out a window that opens sideways through the blinds and hits the car 3 times.
      The driver of the car either never came again or minded his manners at 5:30am.

Comment

Luckily, they stopped, after about 20 minutes.

And the police *might* show up 45 minutes after a call for a noise complaint. It's pretty far down on their list, and they have quite a few other things to deal with. Hell, I called them once for an assault report, and it took them 25 minutes to show up, and then they didn't really do anything about it. Just sat in the squad car, squawked the siren, and moved on when the fighting couple (the man had hit the woman several times) wandered off.

ETA: I have had the police come to my next-door neighbour's apartment over a noise complaint. But that was 2am, and I wasn't the one who called. Said neighbour is now moving out, because she's caused a lot of problems in the building, and the owner asked her (nicely) to please find another place to live.
        Last edited by KiaKat; 01-28-2009, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X