X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tales of the phone part @#$%&^87378

Tales from the Phone #1: Mush mouth supreme

I have been dealing with phones for most of my work life white and/or blue collar. I have a decent ability to "translate" most accents (either light or heavy) into reasonable American words.

This one was the exception. I was on this call for 10 minutes. The first 5 was just getting a PHONE NUMBER and then an address THEN 5 minutes for a VERY simple order. I spoke to TWO DIFFERENT PEOPLE.

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH both of them spoke in the very same manner: this was a combo of a bad cell connection, Scooby Doo, adult speak from Charlie Brown and serious mush mouth.

Tales from the Phone #2: HA HA HA HA I'm so funny

this one is just somewhat typical for this time of year -- The 8 year old who thinks it is OOOHHHH SSSSOOOOOO funny and cool to phone prank a business.

Yeah right nice try but most of us have been around that block oooohhhh ssooo many times ourselves. Sorry no consolation prize for you. Go bug someone else.

This next one was just plain stupid.

Caller says "HEY is this Daddy Jim's (name changed just because)?

Me NOPE this is red roof pizza

Them FUCK YOU

Me I have an 8 year old on the other line who did way better. nice try <click>

Tales from the Phone #3: You were supposed to .....

One of my last deliveries on Sat. night. I get to the house and the "customer" is coming out the door.
    he looks at me and I ask Hey did you order Red Roof Pizza tonight?
    The guy looks at me real deadpan and says no.
    SO I ask is this 123 A St. Upper. Yeah didn't order pizza.
    OK Sorry for bothering you must be a prank and I turn around and start to head down the stairs. This is because I have had enough instances of pranks, bad address, wrong apartment designation, AND people who think joking around is acceptable, etc. and I am not going to go round and round.

The guy suddenly DID order and I come back and complete the transaction.

I head back to the store and about 20 minutes later the MOD gets a manager call. It was the guy calling in to "complain" that I didn't laugh or find funny his "joke".

Yeah "joke" on this asshole.

Do this or any job for a while and those "jokes" just get stupid and lame after the millionth time.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

I don't know if this exactly warrants congratulating, but...

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
    The guy suddenly DID order and I come back and complete the transaction.

I head back to the store and about 20 minutes later the MOD gets a manager call. It was the guy calling in to "complain" that I didn't laugh or find funny his "joke".
    Really?! If that were to happen to me, "Sorry, I've already accepted another fare, you'll have to call in and order another cab." I've done similar before.
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
    OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
    she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
    Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Tales from the Phone #1: Mush mouth supreme
      Could have been this guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJfwVH_vkx4
      Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

To the guy with the "joke" -- manager should have responded "Sorry, sir, but you're way at the back of the line with that. After the 500th attempt, it's not funny anymore. Get some new material."

*click*
        Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
        ~ Mr Hero

Comment

More like "Uh, pizza pranks and bad addresses result in loss of revenue. It's basically stealing money and the driver's ability to make a living. If someone pretended to steal from you, and then claimed it was a joke, would you find it funny?"
          Last edited by EricKei; 04-12-2018, 03:59 AM. Reason: We just read it, thanks ^_^
          A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Tales from the Phone #1: Mush mouth supreme I have been dealing with phones for most of my work life white and/or blue collar. I have a decent ability to "translate" most accents (either light or heavy) into reasonable American words.
            I started wearing hearing aids about 15 years ago, and even with them, I've lost some parts of the 'sound spectrum,' or certain frequencies. I used to be able to understand English as spoken by a wide variety of people whose native language wasn't English, as a result of spending part of the last 4 decades traveling the globe in my shipboard job. Not any more.

I now have trouble understanding clearly even some dialects of U.K. English; for instance, this has recently caused me to give-up on watching season 2 of 'The Expanse.' Add to this some frequencies of typical female speech, and even with hearing aids on, and the volume set to '100,' no dice.

Closed captioning is my new-found friend! Hello again, Expanse!
            Who hears all your prayers? Why, the NSA, of course!

Comment

Quoth SailorMan View Post
              I haven't watched the television without subtitles on for years. It was the only way to keep from deafening my (non-hearing impaired) sister, even with my hearing aid in (as voices are irregular it finds it harder to pick up the correct bits to enhance. Electrical or mechanical noises are much easier as they're even-toned, regular noises).
              "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Quoth SailorMan View Post
                I started wearing hearing aids about 15 years ago, and even with them, I've lost some parts of the 'sound spectrum,' or certain frequencies.

Add to this some frequencies of typical female speech, and even with hearing aids on, and the volume set to '100,' no dice.

I've been wearing them since 4th grade (age 9 for non-USians, and I'm past 50 now), and I've certainly lost more hearing over time. My own impairment has gone from "Mild" to "Moderate". And yeah, female and kids voices are the big problem. Between "Fun House" (play with mostly-female cast including a child) and Wrinkle In Time (movie with female star, young boy co-star, and various other females), it's been a tough week for my ears.

Comment

Working...
                X