Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do we care more about your kid more than you?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do we care more about your kid more than you?

I heard this secondhand but had to post it. My sup tells me how she was organizing the kids book section and looks in the stuffed animal bin and sees A KID?! She looks for and finds the mother, and scolds her. The mother says "Oh it's ok she was just trying to sleep." I'm sorry, WHAT?! What kind of parent lets their kid sleep in a bin of stuffed animals? First off, it's easy for the kid to be kidnapped that way with the mother not around. However, the major problem is it would be really easy for the kid to suffocate and die in there. She doesn't know how to protect herself and if she got buried in there, the toys could take up the air and she could stop breathing. And if the kid had suffocated, you know there would be a lawsuit against the store, and I wouldn't be surprised if it would win. So I ask again, how the hell is it that retail workers care more about the kids than the parents do sometimes? Come on, parents, watch your kids carefully! They are fragile and can get easily hurt or worse in a store. Keep a frickin eye on them it is NOT our job to do so. And how dare you yell at us for looking after your kids if you won't.
    When my sup told me this I started a chant: "CPS! CPS! CPS!"
    I am the commander commando!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

similar situation

There is a letter on PFB to Barnes and Noble, about a situation similar to this. A woman let her 8 yr old alone in the store while she got drinks and enjoyed herself some alone time. The employees brought her son to her, letting her know that there wasn't a problem, but that children shouldn't be left alone. She got hers all in a twist and wrote a complaint letter. I mean, how dare the staff interrupt her peace and alone time to look out for the safety of her son.

Comment

The odds of a kid being kidnapped are astronomically low. But the odds of a child getting hurt, suffocating, or breaking something, pretty damned high.

People are idiotic. How big was the bin and child? People lose all sorts of common sense when they leave the house, don't they?
      you are = you're. not "your".

Comment

Kudos to the sup for actually scolding the mother. Why do parents think bookstores are babysitters?
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

At FAO Schwarz, we used to have these solid glass shelves which we used to display product. On more than one occasion, we have had to rush to stop children from climbing these shelves. That's just the tip of the iceberg. You'd think that in an upscale toy store like that, the customers would have more sense. Not the case.
          "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
            Kudos to the sup for actually scolding the mother. Why do parents think stores are babysitters?
            Fixed your typo.
            "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Similar problems at the library too. They think it's a free baby sitting thing, and they leave their kids in the children's section, and go to the store. The library staff would bitch about it, but never do anything.

Comment

Quoth HeatherWolf View Post
                Similar problems at the library too. They think it's a free baby sitting thing, and they leave their kids in the children's section, and go to the store. The library staff would bitch about it, but never do anything.
                Check your local laws about child abandonment. When I lived in Chicago, leaving a child unattended for an hour in a public place was considered abandonment. You can then call CFS/DCFS/CPS (whatever its called locally) and have the cops come pick the kid up.

Comment

Yeah, good idea. They probably took care of it by now. I don't think they do that much here in NC.. Seems like the kids are well behaved for the most part, complete with manners. (This was again another Gallup, NM related incident. I have a lot of those to report lol)

Comment

Quoth HeatherWolf View Post
                    Yeah, good idea. They probably took care of it by now. I don't think they do that much here in NC.. Seems like the kids are well behaved for the most part, complete with manners. (This was again another Gallup, NM related incident. I have a lot of those to report lol)
                    Sheesh, I don't know where you live in NC, but in this part most of the kids are brats. They steal things, use profanity, take their parent's credit cards, and that's just what I can remember at 3am in the morning...... Maybe I should move.....

Comment

Quoth simplyanother View Post
                      The odds of a kid being kidnapped are astronomically low.
                      Astronomically low? Says who?

Comment

Kids getting left for hours to play the demo games at the game stores in my last mall was a regular theme. Course the parents were pissed when they got paged. Never mind there was an arcade AND a daycare in the same mall. "But you have to PAY for that!!!"
                        "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

It worse at a pub. Parents come in and get ridiculously drunk in front of their kids, and believe handing them a Nintendo DS to keep them quiet is a form of parenting.

We've put in a new policy saying parents are only allowed two alcoholic drinks when they visit, it's getting that bad.

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
                            We've put in a new policy saying parents are only allowed two alcoholic drinks when they visit, it's getting that bad.
                            I want to applaud, but it's really sad you actually have to make a POLICY about it!
                            Customer (on the phone): YOU ARE DUMB! D-U-M-M!
                            Me:

Comment

Quoth GiftShopGirl View Post
                              Sheesh, I don't know where you live in NC, but in this part most of the kids are brats. They steal things, use profanity, take their parent's credit cards, and that's just what I can remember at 3am in the morning...... Maybe I should move.....

Statesville, NC. I have yet to go to the library here. I've seen kids pretty well behaved in stores, except for a few screamers here and there, but that's kids for ya.

Comment

Working...
                              X