This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gmail Issues in Firefox 16.0.1

As the thread title suggests, I am indeed having issues accessing Gmail in Firefox (Never happened before on my old comp, and even though I read somewhere that IE 9 was having this issue, I do NOT have issues accessing my e-mail from there...I have cookies enabled in Firefox, but that doesn't help any

System info (Might be relevant, might not be, idk):

Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit edition)

What are the issues that you're having?

The boyfriend has Win 7-64 and he uses Gmail in Firefox without issue. He believes that he has a current version of Firefox, but isn't certain.

I would suggest, as your first troubleshooting step, to ensure that you have the latest version of Firefox and that all add-ons are either up to date or disabled.

If that doesn't help, more detail on how the trouble occurs, what version of Firefox you have, and an add-on list would be very helpful in further troubleshooting.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Yes, what is the exact issue? You haven't stated if it's logging in, getting Google Apps Sync to work, viewing it in a browser, etc.

Comment

Do you use any extensions/apps with it?

I had problems with Sky Email which is based on Google Mail because I had Ghostery and Disconnect active. I had to deactivate it on those pages because of (I believe) Omniture being blocked wouldn't allow it to send the user information over.

I'd suggest a incognito window with no extensions/apps running and see if it works on that?
        I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Quoth emax4 View Post
          Yes, what is the exact issue? You haven't stated if it's logging in, getting Google Apps Sync to work, viewing it in a browser, etc.

Ha, it's been a while since I last posted, sorry. Anyways, this is the error I'm getting

The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

I should note that I am on the MOST current version of Firefox (16.0.2), and the only add-on I have active right now is the Shockwave Flash one (no others at this time)....What I have actually done is open up IE and access my GMail from there, but it makes no sense at all....I have cookies enabled in Firefox, but that issue outlined above is still there regardless

Comment

Ok. This seems to be something that comes up semi-regularly with Firefox. I found questions on the site from last year, last spring, and last month, as well as the Mozilla help page that says the following: Clear your cookies and your cache.

There's likely something from a past session trying to control how it's supposed to behave and it's breaking the routine.

How do you have Firefox set to handle cookies?

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

OK, it's working now, thankfully, due to what I have tried on their help page.....I had Firefox set up to accept cookies from sites, but for SOME reason, when I did the import in terms of favorites, etc, from IE9, something, somewhere got broken along the way

I suppose I could use Mozilla Thunderbird for Gmail too, if anything

Comment

I would have checked the proxies too. If this is an issue while at work, you may be going through their secure channels.

Comment

I set all my browsers to flush cookies on close. It seems to keep things flowing a bit better than otherwise.

And is one of the reasons I don't think Chrome is in the big leagues, yet.

^-.-^

Comment

Working...
                  X