This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ mistake? Did I err?

"Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Quoth El Pollo Guerrera View Post
      ^ mistake? Did I err?

Where did that mendicant come from?

PS: I have all of the Groo comics, starting with the original Pacific Comics run.
      Last edited by Ironclad Alibi; 11-18-2018, 06:53 PM. Reason: Added PS
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
        On the South Park movie -- Supposedly, the initial rating from the MPAA would have been an X rating due to scenes that had been intentionally added just to see how the MPAA would react.
        That's exactly why they did it. They were trying to prove the point about how screwed up censorship priorities really are. You can have all sorts of violence, gore, and other "taboo" but heaven forbid someone uses profanity or a nipple gets seen.
        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

EPG - I was referring to my own
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
            That's exactly why they did it. They were trying to prove the point about how screwed up censorship priorities really are. You can have all sorts of violence, gore, and other "taboo" but heaven forbid someone uses profanity or a nipple gets seen.
            I believe they did a similar thing with Team America. They submitted the full puppet sex scene (which included the two of them engaging in certain acts involving urine and faeces) originally to the MPAA, who demanded THAT scene be cut while everything else was allowed through more or less. Thing is though, that was intentional - they had no intention of showing the full puppet sex scene in theatres.

Comment

Working...
            X