This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a scotch and water kind of day **warning: language**

So, today was the last day of the month. My last day to bring in some sales and make my quotas for June. Of course, it would have been nice if I hadn't had so many shit calls last week to cause me to be stressing out at the last minute...

I showed up to work this morning full of caffeine and good cheer and I was pumped! Ready to provide outstanding customer service with a smooth transition into sales!

And then I spent all day fielding calls from complete assholes who wants to argue with me about transaction fees as if I am personally responsible for setting the amount, or yell at me because they prefer the automated system, or flat out hang up on me while I'm trying to explain the benefits and features available on their brand-new account. I actually had a lady yell at me that she could not believe I wouldn't lower her APR...with an outstanding delinquency on the account. Fucking douche-nuggets and twat-waffles.

I can't even properly vent because I can't take the risk of revealing my place of employment; despite the fact that I left work in tears today, I really do like my job and would like to keep it. Unfortunately, with my low sales, I fully expect to receive a written warning for performance any day now. I got my verbal back at the end of April/beginning of May.

I'm just feeling so completely discouraged, like no matter how hard I try, maybe I am just not cut out for this sales bullshit. I don't even know.
    Thank you for calling Card Services, how may I take your abuse today? ~Headset Hellion

Wait, they expect you to take calls from people calling in with problems or complaints about their account and sell them stuff? Talk about an impossible task!
    Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

That is exactly what they expect.
      Thank you for calling Card Services, how may I take your abuse today? ~Headset Hellion

Comment

When I worked at Dish Network, they wanted us to start selling stuff.

Only I didn't work in sales, I worked in Advanced Tech Support. You know, the department they transferred you to when the frontline agent couldn't fix your problem with your system.

Needless to say, I despised it.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear your day went so badly, especially since you started it with so much enthusiasm. Companies just don't seem to have a clue that sales can't always soar like an eagle, especially in this economy. I'm in retail and I enjoy it, but it's not something I want to have to depend on for my livelihood -- my company sets your hours based on your sales. For a while my sales were good and my hours were up ... then they went through the floor. The only reason my hours haven't done the same is because, at the moment, we are short a couple of people. Once those vacancies are filled, if my sales haven't gone back up, I'll be spending a lot of time twiddling my thumbs (and looking for a second job, which I mistakenly thought would be fairly easy).

Crossing my fingers that things get better for you very soon.

Comment

^ exactly what I'm going through now.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
            X