This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ugh...I might have covid.

I'm currently in self-imposed precautionary quarantine, and have been for 11 days. I have not shown any symptoms... until today. This morning, I woke up all congested, with my head pounding. I was nauseous, and having chills while doing that weird cold sweat thing. I don't have a fever, though, and can still smell and taste normally. I don't want to have to extend my quarantine, but if I'm still feeling cruddy tomorrow I'll arrange to get tested.

I've had to travel a LOT the past month. I got the news that my adopted dad had passed away less than 24 hours before the funeral. I managed to get there (yes, it was that important to me). I tried to be super careful, and wore my mask anytime I was out and cleaned my hands almost obsessively. Barely two weeks later, I get the news that my bio dad was in the hospital and not doing well. I changed my plans to go see him right away (had been planning to visit a little over a week later- he died early in the morning on the day I would have arrived had I stayed with my original plans). That trip is the one that prompted me to quarantine. I was there for a week, spending hours every day in a hospital room without a mask on while people came in and out regularly because it's a hospital (my dad was by that time mostly not very coherent and could not recognize either me or my step mom when we had masks on). My step mom was there, too, and we were both allowed in because my dad was in hospice care at that point, and everyone knew it was just a matter of time and not much more of that. Under the circumstances, I wasn't as careful as I should have been about being exposed to lots of different people and I'm afraid I might have gotten it then or during the flight back home. I went straight into quarantine from the airport, so at least if I DO have it, I haven't been spreading it around. Which was kind of the point.

Not much of a consolation, but he didn't die of covid or any related illness. It was complications arising from pancreatic cancer, and he outlived his prognosis by almost two years.
    You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

If it is Covid, you can survive it. I did.
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Sorry for your losses. What crummy timing for such bad things to happen all at once. With any luck it was just something you ate but it may not hurt to get the test even if you start to feel better. I would put you in the high risk of catching it, and I think knowing if you got it or not would take some of the stress of being in quarantine off of you

Comment

Thanks for the support, Kristev and Arcus. Glad to hear you came through it all right, Kristev.

I really hope todays ick was due to other causes, and it may well have been. I discovered that I'd gotten sun burned badly enough on my arms that they're peeling...this morning could have been down to getting way too much sun, though I didn't think I had. I also forgot to take my allergy medication (claritin) last night, which would account for being all stuffed up. I'll be certain to take it tonight. If I feel horrid again tomorrow morning, I'll stay in quarantine and arrange to get tested. The stuff I was experiencing this morning has all resolved of its own accord, I haven't taken any meds that might mask any fever, and I still don't have a fever.
        You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

I am so sorry for your loss. There is never a good time, but these times make it that much worse.

Praying for a speedy recovery form whatever it is you have.
          Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
          Save the Ales!
          Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

I too am sorry for your loss... here's hoping that your illness is just a temporary thing and not as serious as COVID-19.
            "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

I'm sorry for your losses; may they rest in peace v_v

As for COVID -- Talk to your doc for advice beyond simply "stay at home." the only other non-professional advice I can offer is the same as I'd say for most any illness: Drink lots of water and get plenty of bedrest
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

An update: Apparently I managed to get a sunburn, bad enough that I felt so horrid a day or so afterward. I noticed my forearms peeling a day or two after I spent the day feeling so miserable. That, and forgetting to take my allergy med the night before turns out to be a very unpleasant combination. I'm back home now, finally!

Thank you all for your sympathy. I'm glad I got to say goodbye to my dad. Most of 2020 can fuck in the direction of off, though I do have to admit it's not been ALL bad. Just mostly.

Comment

2020 is like a toxic box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to get, but you can be pretty sure you're not going to like it.
                  Last edited by Seanette; 10-06-2020, 12:26 PM.
                  "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

I've pretty much come to the conclusion that some fool out there taunted Happy Fun Ball.
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                    X