This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear customers

Please do not throw the office phones out the window. It upsets children and gets glass in the bushes that I was planning on taking cuttings from.

Thank you,
    Slave

(Lavender bottlebrush bushes. I have been enjoying watching the butterflies on them all summer and got permission to take cuttings so I could have a few of my own. They are very bushy and now I'm afraid to stick my hands in them because I won't be able to see the shards of glass.)

Comment

• For those customers who have reward cards. If you can no long swipe it and the card number is so worn that you have to guess at the numbers GET A NEW REPLACEMENT ALREADY. If your card is in literal pieces, or desintagrading in my hand GET A NEW REPLACEMENT ALREADY. If you can no longer tell what the card is because it's all worn away and there's no longer an image on it at all, just part of a number GET A NEW REPLACEMENT ALREADY. You will not lose your accumulated points. And newsflash, if the only option is to type it in manually (assuming we can even read all the numbers) you aren't going to be able to use any of your saved up points to get cash off your groceries. This is to prevent someone who doesn't have your card (or your permission) but has your card number from stealing your points and cashing in on them. For this same reason, we can't look it up by phone number. Otherwise all anyone would need to do is troll a phone book for unlimited amount of points of their groceries. All they would need to say if that person didn't have a card and they tried using their number was 'oh I forgot I no longer have that card anymore.' Since our rewards are through a third party (air miles) we have no way of verifying that statement. Oh and all you people who bitch because you can't redeem due to having to type it in manually after seeing it on your phone... Bring in the actual card next time. We have a big sign that takes up half our window at each door saying that we cannot scan cards that are on your phone (because our tech is about 40 years out of date) and for this reason we cannot redeem from cards shown by phone (but you still get your points for shopping with us!). Yet we get this all the time. "Why can't I redeem my points? This other place let me!" That's nice but we are not that place and as per the giant sign at our doors we can't. Sometimes I am tempted to memorize their number, turn to one of my coworkers, and go 'my air miles number is XXXX XXXX XXXX and I would like to redeem $100 off tonight's groceries' and show them just how insecure it would be if we allowed that. We definitely have customers so regular that I've managed to memorize their card number and I've got a horrible memory and slight brain damage from rattling the brain bucket a few too many times. If I can do it you can bet your ass someone else can much easier. Considering you get 1pt for every $20 spent and it takes 10pts for 1 air mile according to how our system is set up and 700-something pts for $10 off do you really want to have all that money you spent to get pts in the first place wasted because someone looked you up in the phone book or happened to take a picture of your card when they borrowed it that one time?
      Don’t worry about what I’m up to. Worry about why you are worried about what I’m up to.

Comment

• God's sake, it PISSES ME OFF when I see a customer using a rewards card at work that's so dirty it's practically BLACK, or has the plastic peeling off both ends. I always helpfully inform them that they can get a replacement card at the service desk, and they're always like, "Oh I don't have time right now...", but they're fine with the poor cashier having to manually input the card number every time they shop.

Comment

• Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
          God's sake, it PISSES ME OFF when I see a customer using a rewards card at work that's so dirty it's practically BLACK, or has the plastic peeling off both ends. I always helpfully inform them that they can get a replacement card at the service desk, and they're always like, "Oh I don't have time right now...", but they're fine with the poor cashier having to manually input the card number every time they shop.
          I know what you mean. The other day I had this SC who had 5 reward cards so badly damaged that she wasn't sure which was which and just handed me the lot and informed that 'one of them has to be it'. So I had to scan each one which on our ridiculously outdated system it would freeze up every time the wrong card was used and then she would bitch at me for 'taking forever'. One of the customers behind her said what was on my mind (that I couldn't say if I wanted to keep my job). That if she hadn't handed the cashier half a dozen blank cards then maybe it wouldn't take forever.
          Don’t worry about what I’m up to. Worry about why you are worried about what I’m up to.

Comment

• Quoth AkaiKitsune View Post
            For those customers who have reward cards. If you can no long swipe it and the card number is so worn that you have to guess at the numbers GET A NEW REPLACEMENT ALREADY. If your card is in literal pieces, or desintagrading in my hand GET A NEW REPLACEMENT ALREADY. If you can no longer tell what the card is because it's all worn away and there's no longer an image on it at all, just part of a number GET A NEW REPLACEMENT ALREADY.
            This times a million. Also, if your card has no numbers, no barcode and no black strip, then how the hell do you expect me to activate it? Don't just hand it to me and then put on an expression of literal braindeath when I tell you that your card is unusable.
            People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
            My DeviantArt.

Comment

• I can't count how many times I had to deal with cards that wouldn't scan and I couldn't even read the number. This of course prompted "Well can't you just look me up?" No, no we can't. The service desk can, but they ask for ID and all they'll do is give you a replacement....no, it's not going to be the same card number

The only 'loyalty' card we have here is for workers in the attached office building, and I believe to sign up you do need to show your employee badge.
              "I am quite confident that I do exist."
              "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• GET OVER YOURSELF. Do I really have to prove to you that I'm going into the correct bathroom? Notice that you are the only person concerned with this, and then back away quickly. Good. Now SHOO.

(this happened outside of the restrooms, I know not what this SC's glitch was and don't particularly want to know)

Comment

• I once had a security guard enter the lady's room to ask me if I was female. This was back when I was slender and wore boy short hair. I also had very obvious boobage, which the SC must have missed while she was running to for help because she only saw me from the back.

Security guard heard my voice and knew that I was the regular delivery person, so apologized and left. I don't know what he said to the SC.

Comment

• Dear customers if you make a mess in our bathroom, or your kid makes a mess. Clean it the fuck up. Seriously, stop decorating the walls with your literal shit. If you make a mess of the seat clean it up.

Comment

• Quoth AkaiKitsune View Post
                      Dear customers if you make a mess in our bathroom, or your kid makes a mess. Clean it the fuck up. Seriously, stop decorating the walls with your literal shit. If you make a mess of the seat clean it up.

...and if you're one of those people who cover the seat with strips of toilet paper before sitting down (who does this?! Have you or anyone you know EVER definitively got any sort of disease from sitting on a public toilet?), for the love of God, put those strips INTO THE BOWL before you flush.

Oh wait, that'd have to mean you DO flush before leaving. Found a giant mound of unflushed shit in the toilet at work yesterday. And it's not like the toilet was clogged...the shit actually WENT AWAY when I flushed it, fancy that.

Comment

...and if you're one of those people who cover the seat with strips of toilet paper before sitting down (who does this?! Have you or anyone you know EVER definitively got any sort of disease from sitting on a public toilet?), for the love of God, put those strips INTO THE BOWL before you flush.

Oh wait, that'd have to mean you DO flush before leaving. Found a giant mound of unflushed shit in the toilet at work yesterday. And it's not like the toilet was clogged...the shit actually WENT AWAY when I flushed it, fancy that.
                        Gag....what kind of human does one have to be to NOT flush. That is beyond rude and disgusting. Only an uncultured animal would do that. As for covering the seat, I never do. I don't use the stupid seat covers or toilet paper, it's ridiculous. I've never gotten anything from a toilet seat for gods sake. We aren't that delicate!
                        https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                        Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

• Our toilets have the electric-eye flushers, and sometimes they won''t trigger. I know there's a delay, but none are broken...

Usually the 'remains' aren't that bad, just some toilet paper in the bowl (probably was originally covering the seat, fell in and it's not dense enough to trigger the flusher). It's interesting to observe people in an otherwise-full bathroom wait in a line rather than use the one with a single solitary piece of TP in the bowl and nothing more.

Comment

... Have you or anyone you know EVER definitively got any sort of disease from sitting on a public toilet? ...
                            It is an old tradition that STDs are gotten from dirty toilet seats, not the quickie they had with some stranger they met at the bar the other night.

My brother used that excuse when he returned from an R&R trip back when he was in the army. It was deemed to be more acceptable to our mother.
                            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• If people aren't flushing because they don't want to touch the toilet handle (which is understandable), just KICK the fucking thing, or else wrap some toilet paper around your hand and drop it in the bowl when it starts flushing. Do you people think there's some magical Toilet Gnomes who do it for you when you leave? What do you people do at home? Or are toilets only dirty if other people use them?

Comment

• Customers, if you have a full shopping cart stop coming up to customer service to process your order just because you see we're open and want to skip the line.

Comment

Working...
                                X