X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For....Wan wan

For....wan wan
    Really annoying. I'm sure everyone has one of these at one point. I haven't, for a long time. :\
    Me:
    SLWCSE: Stupid lady who can't speak english

Me: *on Phone* Hello can I help you?
    SLWCSE: For....wan wan
    Me: Excuse me??????????????????????
    SLWCSE: For wan wan
    Me: Do you want room 411?
    SLWCSE: For...wan wan
    Me: Ok hold on a sec...

So I check the room. It has a very foreign sounding name. To prevent pranksters, I have to verify the name with the room number.

Me: Can I have the name of the person you're trying to reach?
    SLWCSE: .....*long pause* For Wan Wan!
    Me: oooooooooookkkaaaayyyy......

So I transfer her through. I'm not supposed to, but it's obvious she doesn't speak any English. Thinking I'm rid of her, I relax. But she's not done! She calls again a few minutes later. "For....Wan wan." I transfer. Again she calls. "For...Wan wan." Repeat all of this like 5 times.
    Finally...

Me: Are you not reaching the room? Because I transfer you over like, five times already!
    SLWCSE: For....Wan wan
    Me: Do you have someone there that speaks English?
    SLWCSE: *yells over me* FOR WAN WAN FOR WAN WAN FOR WAN WAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I refuse. And I hang up. Really call his fricken cell phone number or learn some English! Dumbass.
    Can't reason with the unreasonable.
    The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

I hate that. For the longest time, we had someone staying in one of our rooms. She was getting all sorts of calls, and was almost always on the phone. Her mother, who spoke virtually no English, would try and call while she was on the phone.

SC: "Room [###], [guest name]."
    Me: "I'm sorry that line is busy. Would you like to try again later, or leave a message?"
    SC: "Room [###], [guest name]."
    Me: "She is already on the phone. The line is busy. I can take a message, or you can try later."
    SC: "........"*click*

That would be a short exchange...sometimes, it took four or five times before she'd sigh and hang up.

At least she got that she needed the guest's name. I'll give her some points for that.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

tHmm...
      Perhaps she was looking for Information and was saying "4... 1... 1...?

Comment

Snickering here a bit, as "Wan Wan" is the Japanese onomonopia for dog barks.
        The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
        "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Maybe it was Lavendar Brown, looking for Ronald Weasley?
          Last edited by XCashier; 04-24-2012, 01:31 PM. Reason: used wrong smiley
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
            That was my first thought!!

Comment

Quoth Kaibutsu View Post
              tHmm...
              Perhaps she was looking for Information and was saying "4... 1... 1...?
              That's what I was thinking. I'll get people calling me occasionally and try to get me to transfer them to directory assistance because they know that they'll get charged, or they don't know how to dial it (I wish I was making this up...)

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                Snickering here a bit, as "Wan Wan" is the Japanese onomonopia for dog barks.
                I'm glad I'm not the only one who had this come to mind.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                  OMG, that was my first thought too, LOL.

Comment

Da doo wan wan...
                    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Redbeard View Post
                      That's what I was thinking. I'll get people calling me occasionally and try to get me to transfer them to directory assistance because they know that they'll get charged, or they don't know how to dial it (I wish I was making this up...)
                      That makes my brain hurt...
                      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                        *neurons finally fire*

Oh, OK! Won-Won! It's been awhile since I read the Harry Potter books.

Comment

SLWCSE: *yells over me* FOR WAN WAN FOR WAN WAN FOR WAN WAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          i agree with hanging up on THAT.

it's one thing to not know the local language... but it's something entirely different to start screaming and being a bitch about it.

Comment

Working...
                          X