This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anniversary!

This incarnation of the board celebrates its first full year today!

Thanks, everyone, we can't do this without you.

As befits my vaguely amused stance on life, however, I'm planning a celebration of interesting note. We have a strict no advert policy, as you know, and we get commercial spammers from time to time. Three days ago, someone signed up to put some spam on our site, but thanks to the Trollguard dreamed up by Ree and implemented by MadMike, you didn't get to see it.

The spammer left his email addresses:

I don't expect anyone to reply to him directly. However, I would be very disappointed if those email addresses (apparently fairly fresh ones) didn't end up on every email list going and filled with spam. Not that I'm encouraging this, but he did try to leave those addresses out in the open.

Caveat - do not send emails yourself - you'll be leaving yourself open to being spammed directly. Sign him up to anything and everything you like. Enjoy!

Rapscallion

1 year already? Wow. I remember when I first joined here. Out of curiosity has any version of the board lasted a year or more? I seem to remember reading of hacks happening every 6 months. But either way, I love this site as it's given me great sanity, great advice, and just great things in general.

HAPPY 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY CURRENT VERSION OF CUSTOMERS SUCK!
    The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Man I must be old. I remember about 2-4 hacks. Hopefully, I will never see another one on here. Raps, and everyone, keep doing a great job.
      Under The Moon Paranormal Research
      San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!

Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I trust that his email has been signed up to everything going. I'm counting on you folk to do the right thing

Rapscallion

Comment

But...Raps...wouldn't that ruin our good reputation in the world?
            Unseen but seeing
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
              But...Raps...wouldn't that ruin our good reputation in the world?
              The reputation of being a poor place for spammers to attempt to ply their filthy trade? Sounds like it would be good to me

Rapscallion

Comment

Works for me.

Now, off to spread the message to the world!!!!!!

Wait...where's my cape?
                Unseen but seeing
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Happy Anniversary Customerssuck!!!

now wheres the cake

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                    Wait...where's my cape?
                    Sorry, you have to be at least level 20 to unlock capes.

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Raps, I am an admin on an adult BBS site. If you want, I can send you a list of known spam email addresses that might help in keeping the dregs of society off your site. Let me know if you want them.
                      This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

Thanks, but we don't do that badly for spammers - perhaps every four or five months at a guess. It just so happened that one of them struck a few days before the anniversary, so I decided to use the opportunity to amuse people.

Rapscallion

Comment

No problem. If you ever decide you want them or need them, my email is in my profile. You folks and this site are awesome. If there's anything I can ever do or if you decide you need a semi-retired, overly-girthed mod, look me up.
                          This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

Working...
                          X