This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth It's me View Post
    There are plastic jugs the bags drop into. As for puncturing them... the plastic is pretty tough. I've never had one leak on the way home. I've seen only one or two at the store with milk leaking from an improperly sealed inner bag... And that's over the last forty years.
    Yeah milk bags tend to be relatively tough plastic; I haven't bought milk bags in years but I don't recall them ever leaking. Milk jugs on the other hand, I've had leak occasionally, but not as often now that they actually put a seal under the cap.

For serving, you put them in a milk jug and clip the top corner (or both top corners) and pour what you need. A bag is about 1L, so you should normally use a bag up fairly quick. What you don't use, put in the fridge as is.

For me, I live alone and don't use white milk for much beyond my morning cereal, and for chocolate milk I like the 2% choco milk best; so I end up getting jugs instead of bags and have done so for years and years now. If I used it more, I might consider bags but generally prefer the jugs.

Comment

Quoth Mental_Mouse View Post
      Which is unfortunately necessary -- they did a study by shipping around some recording accelerometers, and found that packages marked "FRAGILE" actually got treated worse than others.
      Apparently the way to deal with that is to mark it something like Caution:Medical Processing:Stool Sample.No one wants to be the guy who crushes that....

Psst does it have to be a seal under the cap or will any marine mammal do
      Last edited by Kit-Ginevra; 07-03-2018, 10:10 PM.
      The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post

Psst does it have to be a seal under the cap or will any marine mammal do
        Well you can try other marine mammals, but most of them have tusks and horns which tend to do more damage to the packaging.

Comment

Quoth ladyjaneinmd View Post
          I call that 'drop-kick' packaging. As in, you could drop-kick the package and not damage anything inside.
          I'm fairly sure that's actually the point of the overpackaging.

Comment

Working...
          X