This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOW much??

So inventory-taking is pretty much over.

The results, according to one person whose word I have no reason to doubt?

Unaccounted-for inventory amounts to A QUARTER OF A MILLION DOLLARS.

Was it bad counting before the store opened? A flood of shoplifting? (I've written before about our virtually non-existent security.) Aliens in desperate need of parts to fix their spaceships?

Nobody seems to know.

Did I mention we've been open for only six months ...
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

I suspect you got hit by a criminal crew specializing in newly-open stores. The question is whether they're in the aisles, or the offices.

Comment

OOPS.

I was off 100k till they got the POS/acct systems fully sync.
      AkaiKitsune
      Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

So, $150,000 or$350,000???

Comment

New POS systems - OMG, expensive!
          Inventory control systems - OMG, expensive!
          Any kind of security systems - OMG, expensive!

having a quarter million dollars walk out the door... "Employees steal, right?"

Comment

Pretty much. Oh, and let's not forget that the min. wage employees are supposed to keep an eye out for thieves (hence, any theft becomes the employees' fault for not catching them and scaring them off by their very presence), even though they are (wisely) forbidden from doing anything about said thieves.
            Last edited by EricKei; 04-05-2019, 09:48 PM.
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
              Was it bad counting before the store opened?
              If the Retail story arcs around inventory have a factual basis, that could be part of the reason.
              Quoth Pixelated View Post
              A flood of shoplifting? (I've written before about our virtually non-existent security.)
              The other factor.
              That averages $1389 per day which is a slow day for professional shoplifters.
              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

After the last disastrous inventory (this past Jan) at my store, we were told what I had suspected for quite awhile. Of course it was spun as Corporate feeding us bad numbers, but some of us knew what was really going on.

When printing price tags I started noticing that every item has a negative on-hand quantity--in the hundred or thousands of pieces in some cases What looks to have happened was that at some point all the counts in the system got reset to zero and numbers from incoming shipments weren't being transferred/entered/checked properly.

Before one of my pals on the front end was fired, he revealed to me that the US arm of this company (and possibly the company as a whole) has no real tracking/accounting system.
                "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                  ... has no real tracking/accounting system.
                  What, me worry? *I* got paid. (skimmed it out of the till)
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

This is the first inventory since we opened to not have good numbers--and I believe that M was actually in charge of the final counts. The whole thing including the pre-count was a giant cluster.
                    Last edited by Dreamstalker; 04-04-2019, 09:38 PM.
                    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
                    X