This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You owe me a battery

One of the tricks people used to try was to drop off a battery to be charged, which is free, and then not come back for it. They would return about a week later demanding their battery and when told it was gone say "you lost my battery, you owe me a battery".
    Needless to say this was a scam.
    I killed this scam with a sign that says we are not responsible for batteries left past closing and that batteries would be recycled after the close of business of the day following drop off.
    I also made up receipts that are giving upon drop off and are required for battery pick up. The receipt also has the note about not being responsible for batteries left past closing.
    This also fixed the problem of people coming in and claiming a battery that wasn't theirs.

Kudos to you for thinking up a simple and sensible solution! How long had this been going on??
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

A-Z auto has it you get a phone # and it prints a ticket and sticker. It keeps the asshattery down.
      AkaiKitsune
      Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post

Kudos to you for thinking up a simple and sensible solution! How long had this been going on??
        Well, it's Baltimore, so probably forever.

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post

Kudos to you for thinking up a simple and sensible solution!
          It won't last long... 😈
          The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

You need a sign in the window:

EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY, NO BATTERY WILL BE GIVEN WITHOUT AN ASSAULT FIRST.
            - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Dave in MD View Post
              Well, it's Baltimore, so probably forever.
              Maybe even longer than that.
              Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post

Oh noooo! Don't give them ideas!

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post

An assuult battery?

It has a grip and folding stock.
                  AkaiKitsune
                  Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Working...
                  X