This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making figurines from fondant

I'm making a little film project and I thought of using fondant to make people. Any suggestions?
    Don't waste time trying to convince someone that the sky is blue.

Not sure how well fondant would hold up if it gets warm... Also might not handle being adjusted several times if you're doing stop-motion. I'd recommend that before really getting into it you do some experiments.

Comment

Yeah, probably not a good idea. For some reason I thought I could do a Davy and Goliath thing but it doesn't seem to lend itself to three dimensions.

Comment

Can't you just use modeling clay?

Comment

I might just do the Robot Chicken thing and see if I can find some ambiguous figurines to model.

Clay can get a bit messy. Packages of fondant have all these images on them so my literal mindset made me assume it was easier to work with.

Comment

What about a wax-based modelling compound or some sort of polymer clay? Fondant tends to not take a large amount of handing well before it gets crumbly, or at least that has been my experience with it.

Comment

Quoth TheWolfEmperor View Post
              Packages of fondant have all these images on them so my literal mindset made me assume it was easier to work with.
              Buhahahaha. I bet you think the pictures of burgers on fast food menus represent reality too.

Comment

I guess there's some reasons there aren't "Fondantmation" cartoons.
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post
                  Buhahahaha. I bet you think the pictures of burgers on fast food menus represent reality too.
                  I'll admit, I did expect hamburgers to beg for their lives back during the 80's McDonald's commercials.

Comment

Quoth KuariKaydrith View Post
                    What about a wax-based modelling compound or some sort of polymer clay?
                    I'll experiment a little and see what works.

Comment

Working...
                    X