This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor Richard . . .RIP

Clive Swift, who gained fame as the henpecked hubby Richard Bucket on "Keeping Up Appearances" has passed away at age 82.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clive_Swift

At least he doesn't have to listen to Hyancinth's yammering anymore . . .
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Just imagine if the character had died on the show. Hyacinth swanning around in the most "sophisticated" (aka expensive) black outfits, with a huge hat and a black veil that keeps obstructing her vision so she keeps stumbling into things; telling everybody over and over how incredibly bereaved she is, while setting up the fussiest and most involved, overdone wake and funeral the town has ever seen. I can just hear her trying to get the Archbishop on the phone for the service and insisting he must know who she is because she's invited him to all of her "candlelight suppers" (that he never attended).
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Aww. I was just watching the blooper reels on youtube. Great show, just classic.
      Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

He finally got away.
        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

He won't have to give Sheridan any more money.
          This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

May he (the man) rest in peace. v_v

And may he (the character) at long last enjoy some peace.
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Oh, he was so good at acting put-upon and yet impassive at the same time. So tempted to put in a "kicked the bucket" joke but I won't. You'll be missed, Clive.
              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                So tempted to put in a "kicked the bucket" joke but I won't.
                Just as well. It's pronounced Boo-KAY...
                PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
                X