This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I missing something?

I was working near Electronics when I saw a mother and her son (Probably fourteen or fifteen) in front of the video game case. The electronics associate was opening the case and the mother started chewing her son out.

"You're only getting this because you wasted this man's time. But you're grounded."
    I admit I didn't see all of the circumstances leading up to this exchange but it did baffle me somewhat. Because they bought the game. And even though the mother kept insisting her son was grounded, he didn't seem at all phased, like zero fucks given.
    Don't waste time trying to convince someone that the sky is blue.

Well, if my teenage self was going to be stuck at home with a brand new video game, I probably would have zero f***s to give as well!

The rest? No clue.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
    One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
    The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Working...
    X