Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remember when I said I was disrespected?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember when I said I was disrespected?

Well, I got fired because of it a little over two weeks ago. The incident I posted in Morons in Management http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...d.php?t=119127 went tits up and I got shit for it because I seemed like I wasn't being a team player.

When your shitty manager keeps saying "I don't think you can do the job" and "You don't seem to know what you're doing" were real morale killers. It got to a point where I was given a final warning (no other documented warnings) at the end of June that I needed to improve myself. At that point I had pretty much checked out. The place I was working for pretty much has gone downhill and it's pretty clear that if you don't drink the Kool-Aid or take the happy pills offered you're not going to last long; pretty much you have to fake being happy or they let you go.

My manager couldn't manage a bunch of kindergartners if you paid her. She's shit for managing and oh yeah, also HR, so I can't really just speak to her about what to to do. She swooped in any chance there was to think I'd make a mistake and claim that I wasn't following protocol. Essentially, she was setting me up to fail. Then she'd come at me accusing me of going to her manager if it seemed like I was complaining. I didn't, but I know others did because they saw her pull this shit.

The final straw was her pulling me into her office and giving me my walking papers. The paperwork says sub par performance. I know I did a damned good job, but she made life hell and constantly berated me in front of co-workers. I'm glad to be gone.
    Random conversation:
    Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
    DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

My husband was fired from his job of 9 years last week.

Comment

Quoth fma_fanatic View Post
      ... pretty much you have to fake being happy or they let you go.
      Had an editor like this at the daily paper I worked for (after the weekly; I thought it was a step up. Ha.) He would allow NO criticism whatever about working conditions or the company. He was the ultimate brown-noser.

The irony? He got canned several years later. How's all that suck workin' for ya, buddy?

I'd say I'm sorry you lost your job, but it doesn't sound YOU are sorry, so ... It's just too bad you got that shit about "sub-par performance" on your papers. Hope you can find something else soon.

Quoth snugglegirl05 View Post
      Sorry to hear it, snugglegirl05. Is there a general downsizing going on? Or was this something like fma's situation?
      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
        I'd say I'm sorry you lost your job, but it doesn't sound YOU are sorry, so ... It's just too bad you got that shit about "sub-par performance" on your papers. Hope you can find something else soon.
        No I'm not honestly. Some people don't seem to understand why I'm glad. I'm pretty sure I was internalizing some stress and I also found out I have osteoarthritis
        Random conversation:

Comment

Sorry to hear about that.
          Random conversation:

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
            Sorry to hear it, snugglegirl05. Is there a general downsizing going on? Or was this something like fma's situation?
            It was like fma's situation

Comment

It was like fma's situation
              Which probably means the company's panicking at losing money and making things up to get rid of people. No one ever wants to stand up to corporate for the sake of what's right.
              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                Which probably means the company's panicking at losing money and making things up to get rid of people. No one ever wants to stand up to corporate for the sake of what's right.
                You can't even talk to corporate anymore. The 'head office' is often the source of the problems, and it's staffed with people who basically screwed everyone else over to get their positions. The same people who couldn't function as an effective manager in the trenches, who couldn't handle criticism, ignored feedback and warning signs, and treated everyone who worked for them as 'disposable' are the ones who are now dwelling in the ivory towers and running the companies into the ground.

Comment

Update regarding my husband

My husband recently was hired as a part-time caretaker.

I also looked on-line at his former employers website for their job openings.

Turns out for the location he last worked at, and the one where he lost his job, there are 3 job openings.

The first one is for the same job my husband had, which is full-time customer service rep, event cashier.
                  The second one is a part-time event cashier.
                  The third one is for a full-time supervisor.

For the first and second job openings, your schedule varies. You are scheduled to work until 11 p.m,, 12:15 a.m., and until 2:30 a.m. His boss would rotate his employees so they would work until each time.

Last year when my husband was working there, it was busy September through December since there could be an event(s) to staff for 5 or more nights a week.
                  So that meant one person had to work until 2:30 a.m. and close the garage, one event cashier had to work until 12:15 a.m. to help the closer with getting the customers out of the garage, and another event cashier had to work until roughly 11 p.m.

So that means his former boss is now short handed.

And his direct boss is probably not happy.

Comment

Aww, my heart just bleeds for his former boss....

We can hope that this teaches him that treating people like dog excrement can have negative effects on his business.

*looks at name of forum*

Sigh...... Never mind.
                    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                    One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                    The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Quoth Nunavut Pants View Post
                      Aww, my heart just bleeds for his former boss....

We can hope that this teaches him that treating people like dog excrement can have negative effects on his business.

*looks at name of forum*

Sigh...... Never mind.
                      I told my husband yesterday what I found on his former employer's website regarding these job openings.

He told me that when he went to his former boss's office to have him fill out & sign a document regarding his getting a form of low income health coverage, his former boss was on the phone with another manager asking him if he could spare 3 of his current employees to work at his former boss's garage.

The client that owns the garage wants the garage open until 2:39 a.m. when there are events, and until 11:15 p.m. when there are no events. That client also wants the garage open 7 days a week. So that means my husbands former boss has to find people willing to work those hours since according to his employer, he has to keep the client happy.

Finding those employees is the difficult part.

He may be dealing with a revolving door of employees soon.

I wonder what would happen if he continues to have a revolving door of employees.

Comment

Working...
                      X