X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Jet View Post
    SC: Where do I put them?
    So why didn't you answer this one? Too easy?
    Sometimes life is altered.
    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
    Uneasy with confrontation.
    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

SC: I get a free update, right?

Me: I'll need your serial number to look that up.

SC: I want version #.#. It's free, right?

Me: May I have your serial number?

SC: I bought in in 2002. That makes my update free, right?

Me: If you registered I can look up your name. Can you give me your last name?

SC: It's Vagueidiot. I get a free update, right?

Me: I can't find a Vagueidiot in our database, so the only way I can look you up is by your serial number. Beside, in order to get an update, free or otherwise, you will need to supply the serial number of your current version. You can find it by double-clicking [blah blah blah].

SC: Oh, I'm not in front of the computer, but I get a free update, right?

The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Dips, I feel your pain.

At Kinko's, if you drop off your order and come back within, say, two hours or so, your order might be still in the finishing system and not be filed yet. Orders travel around the room to different stations before they are filed and put into the system so they can be looked up by name. So frequently, when customers come in to pick up their quick-turnaround orders, it's helpful to know when it was due, so we can gauge where in the store it might be and find it more quickly.

I wish I had a nickle for every time I've had this conversation:

Me: Okay, when was it due?
        SC: Well, you said it wouldn't be a problem.
        Me: It isn't. When was it due?
        SC: It was a stack of 500 orange flyers.
        Me: Right. When was it due?
        SC:I need it for a trade show.
        Me. When. Was. It. Due.
        SC: Is it done yet?
        Me. When. Was. It. Due. I need to know when it was due. When was it due?

The idiots assume because I have to ask a question to find it, that either it has not been done or is lost. A lot of SC assume a lot of things. And we all know what happens when we assume.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
          And we all know what happens when we assume.
          Pretty fairys fly out of nowhere and ring happy bells? Um... no, wait. That's not it...

But, in their defense, most times someone asks a question like that, it does mean there's at least a minor problem (such as not being able to find the order without the info). Of course, telling them what they need to know is the best way to make the problem not be there, so I cough up the answer, THEN ask what's up. Of course, we all know the rule about SCs and things that make sense.
          ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
          And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Working...
          X