This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headquarters

After everybody that had been somewhat successful in their mission returns ((Reggie, etc)) those that are able are asked to tell their tale of what happened. There is a moment of silence for those lost. Despite the losses, however, overall the missions were successful, and the artifacts are gathered to be put in a safe place. "When all are gathered we will be able to drain them of their energy, and they will never again bother the world"

Kanalah

Eventually you are cornered, but as soon as they realize what you have, they lose interest. By that time, however, if your ghost friend was going to be successful, they would already be. After they leave Nomain starts to laugh. "Now that was good fun. Sorry about that, I saw an opening and decided to take it. Still..am I the only one who thought that might have just been a tad TOO easy?"

As he is speaking your ghostly friend shows up, with the item, and smiles. "I have it, we should get back."

A strange scent catches your nose. The smell of rotting flesh. Since one of your companions has no flesh, and the other (though gamey) is very much alive..you know immediately that something..or somebody is near.

Egypt - Elsewhere
    The trip to the pyramids is swift, and nothing impedes your path. Following Ene's directions you are able to locate the place where the item is said to be held. Getting past the traps is not difficult, they are designed to stop the living..and your mummy form is immune to most of them. The ones that are actually a danger to you, you are able to scrape by ((Two words "FIRE BAD")). You arrive to the central chamber, and find the Ankh.

However, one last trap stands in your way. The Ankh is placed inside something as if it is a key. It is painfully obvious pulling the Ankh out will trigger the trap, which will cause all the passages into and out of the pyramid to slam down. While that wouldn't stop you from leaving (your sand form could easily slip through cracks and get out), you would not be able to take the Ankh with you. At the base of the alter (The ankh's resting place is on top of the alter) is the phrase (in Hieroglyphs of course) "Speak the Truth and the Ankh shall be yours"
    Last edited by Mytical; 11-04-2012, 04:38 AM.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Reggie pondered about how to get the pear out of Italy. With some help from Antonio, they disguised the spear as a race car part. Reggie was able to take it back home as special luggage on the airplane. He arrived back at headquarters and turned the spear over to Van Helsing. He was wondering where and when the confrontation with Malbozia would happen.
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Headquarters

While the ones that have been successful wait for the others, a manticore paced up and down the halls. "I do not like it, they should have been back by now. Our enemy will not be idle, even if his minions fail. He will be gathering human allies, rekindling the places of power, and drawing on the old magic. We can not just sit here and twiddle our thumbs!" There is some agreement to this.

"There are plenty of humans who would sell their soul for power, and our main enemy gains power with each soul he collects.." agrees a dragon. "Van Helsing is off on his quest though. Vlad and Cain are also away..who do we turn to to lead us?" Silence..seems nobody wants to be in charge.
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Egypt

"Wait." Sunny says, a snarl growing in her throat. "Something's wrong."
          https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

((Hehe, thought because of the novel month thing that this had pretty much been put on back burner for most of the participants..glad that this is not the case))

Egypt

Out of the shadows something that looks like a lump of melting flesh crawls. Several of them to be exact. Lemurs, the lowest of the demons. Dangerous as they are used to being tortured and abused by the stronger demons..they do not feel pain, and are almost brainless in their determination. With super fast healing abilities, they are deceptively tough.

Comment

Egypt

Sunny gulped, then fluffed out her fur bared her teeth and gave her best 'git on outta here' snarl.

Comment

Egypt

Well the ghost is little help in a fight, but the Sasquatch is another story. With apelike agility and strength, he swoops you up and carries you easily. It seems almost too easy to avoid the Lemure, they are slow and a bit cumbersome due to their form, as he leaps and swings faster then seems possible with the ghost leading the way. The ghost is an excellent guide, able to pass through walls and such to see where any Lemures are .. and the Lemures are not able to do much against the ghost's non-corporeal form..

Finally the Sasquatch stops..letting you down gently. "I do not like this..we are being herded. They would have to know these creatures can not hurt our ghostly friend, nor catch me on my worst day..let alone even give a werewolf pause. You could shred a dozen at a time and not break a sweat..."

The ghost chimes in "Unless we are not considered really a threat, if they do not care if we have this or not.." 'this' meaning the spell that is supposed to contain Malbozia. "Could it be a fake? Could they have switched it before we got there?"

The tap, tap, tap of a cane against the floor is heard. Both the ghost and the Sasquatch turn immediately toward the source, and you feel the hair on your body stand up. A very refined looking gentleman, wearing an expensive looking violet Italian suit seems to appear from nowhere, he is walking with a cane. The cane has a wolfs head made of pure diamond, with two ruby eyes, carved on the top of it.

"I assure you ladies and gentleman, what you have is real, and we are VERY interested in obtaining it. Believe it or not, I prefer not to use force unless absolutely necessary. So..lets make a deal." He sure doesn't seem dangerous. No scary aura about him or anything. In fact he looks sort of sickly and pale, with white hair and sort of pink like eyes.

You don't need for your allies to say, in unison "Malbozia." however. There is absolutely no doubt in your mind who the figure is.

Comment

Egypt

Sunny shuddered and wondered how "easy" of a mission this really was. She wondered if there was any way they could contact some help.

"What kind of deal?" She asked, trying to sound brave.

Comment

Egypt

"All I want is the spell. So the question is..what do you want. I am the master of the deal..and just about anything is possible. Power? Knowledge?" He circles around the group while he talks, totally at ease, obviously not considering the group as a threat. "Money? Fame? I can do it all..all you have to do is give me the spell, and sign a contract."

Your ghost friend scoffs "We may not be able to kill you, but we all know right now you don't have much power. Even your underlings are more powerful then you." They turn to you. "Don't be afraid of him, right now he has no power. We should just take the spell and leave."

"Partially true. Except you forget that wherever that spell goes, I am able to track it. How long do you think it will take for me to get the power to take it by force? I know you now..you and yours will be my main focus when I come to my power. Do you REALLY want that?"

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                      Germany

Cain chuckles "Well, yes there is much more to me then just the first werewolf. However, I will reveal what after our mission. I have a feeling we have eyes watching us."

Astir nods "Me too. I have no issue saying that I too am a werewolf. With similar abilities to yours..though I might be stronger as I am a bit older."

A knock on the door, and Astir opens the door. Livia is getting the impression that Cain does not change from his werewolf form that often. How he remains unseen is a neat trick.

Astir comes back with an envelope. "It seems that the medal is on the move in an armored car..it seems we might be a little late. Our foes are on the move."

Cain curses. "That means that we are walking right into a trap. Yet, we can not let them keep that medal." He looks at Livia. "We will have to fight, and it will be messy. Are you ready?"
                      "Of course," she says, somewhat affronted that he would even ask.

The three head out into the twilight, which even now is fading towards dusk. Such dim light would be difficult enough for humans, but luckily Livia and her cohorts have extremely good night vision.

They move quickly to the intersection where they intend to intercept the armoured car. It's in an industrial area, and at this hour, with the workers all long gone, it's reasonably empty ... they'll have no problem if they need to transform.

The three move quickly to their appointed hiding places, pausing only long enough to set their respective 'diversions' in place.

After about a quarter of an hour, Cain, perched atop the closed lid of a refuse bin, tilts his head sharply. He can hear the faint growl of the armoured car's engine. He peers through the dusk at the other two, briefly raising one hand.

Livia signals back, as does Astir, that they also hear the approaching vehicle.

As it creeps into view, all three peer closely at it. There seems to be minimal security with it ... a bad sign, thinks Livia, given what it's carrying. There will almost certainly be security on it that they can't see. The big question, of course, is what sort of security will it be?

The small convoy comes into view ... two advance vehicles, the armoured car, and two vehicles behind it. All are dark, with dark windows that show nothing of who -- or what -- might be inside.

Astir's 'diversion' is the first to get the attention of those in the convoy. There's a gentle "whoomp" and the two advance vehicles are reduced to a fine dust that drifts gently away on the night breeze.

The convoy grinds to a halt. Dark figures slip out of the two rear vehicles ... far more figures than those vehicles should be able to hold.

That's when Livia's 'diversion' goes into action. For brief minutes the intersection is lit up, almost with the glare of a nuclear explosion. There's the sound of high shrieks of rage and agony, almost too high for human hearing ... but not for canine. Livia, Cain and Astir quickly clamp their hands over their ears. The sounds fade ... and now there's the (hopefully) empty rear guard vehicles ... and the armoured vehicle.

Cain prepares to set off his 'diversion.' A pillar of reddish smoke forms on one corner of the intersection. It extends upwards, thickening as it goes. It seems to be forming into a figure ... but a vague enough one that even its outline can only be guessed at.

As two football-sized eyes form at the top of the figure, Cain, now fully transformed, howls ... and the three launch themselves at the armoured vehicle.

Comment

Armored Car

The metal of the Armored car can withstand explosions, and would take cutting torches hours to get through. It is like so much tissue paper for the groups claws, especially Cain's. Within seconds they are through the heavy armor. A silver harpoon sprouts from Cain's chest, and he has a brief moment of surprise on his face before he is launched backward from the force of it. Still, though this was a trap..they were not ready for the sheer cunning and ferocity of the assault. The remaining two werewolves are able to take out the rest of the all too human guards inside.

A huge demo, with a rather large gut, that stands roughly 11' tall appears in a puff of foul smoke. Behind him..you notice that Cain is getting back up, the harpoon clearly sticking out of his chest still, with a hatred and fire in his eyes. Blood drips from his mouth, and he should be dead..no werewolf could have survived that, but he just wipes his mouth and is approaching the demon determinedly from behind. Other demons are starting to appear, large ones with dark red skin..but they too do not see the behemoth that is Cain. If the silver didn't put him down, you are not sure what will, but if you can keep the attention off of him..chances are that at least the lead devil will pay the price...
                        Last edited by Mytical; 11-12-2012, 02:56 AM.

Comment

Egypt

Sunny snorted. "Nice try, but all my family is dead." She looked up at her companions. "Let's get back."

Comment

Egypt

You make it back without further incident. The journey was all too easy..for something that is supposed to be Malbozia's doom should all of his lieutenants fall that is.

((I believe most of the people who are out and still participating are done for now. If any of them wish to continue please send me a PM. Should I not hear from them by friday I will move the story along))

Comment

It was quiet at the HQ. Reggie had some small talk with those there, then decided he needed a bite to eat. He slipped out and around the corner to the Chinese place he ate at earlier. On the way back to HQ he decided to take a quick look around the neighborhood. Everything seemed to be quiet, maybe too quiet. He started to wonder if Malbozia’s forces might be planning on raiding the HQ to regain the artifacts inside. He chose a dark alley with a good view of the HQ, and settled down to wait and watch for a while.
                              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

On the outside of the Headquarters, having found a good place to keep an eye on things, Reggie discovers why things are so quiet inside. Only those with Monster blood, or those with demon, would notice it..and then only by pure luck, but there are powerful wards all over the place. Probably enough to keep out even the likes of Malbozia.

However, Reggie is not the only observer it appears. On a rooftop a figure lays flat, binoculars in hand. His outfit says "Military Special Ops". Another person, passing out flyers next to a shop..something is 'off' about them also. The newsstand vendor..wait there hasn't been newsstand vendors in this neighborhood for years! One by one his eyes now go to person after person that just doesn't seem 'right'. There has to be at least a dozen. They might as well be holding neon signs that say "Military Personnel", jumping up and down, and screaming "I am Military!" at the top of their lungs.

The most disturbing bit is..they don't LOOK like American military.

Comment

Working...
                                X