Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reggie considered all the people keeping an eye on headquarters. It looked like Malbozia was using some mercenaries to recapture the artifacts. He did not think he could get inside without being seen to warn the others of the danger. He watched and waited until midnight. After he changed into a zombie, he slowly and quietly visited each of the observers, leaving them incapacitated. He commanded two of his victims to go out to the one handing out flyers and to the newspaper vendor. He waited to see the results.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Well it works pretty good, until the vendor. Seems time is up..they make a call on the radio, and there are the sounds of helicopters and APV's. The Heaquarters are about to receive visitors..many many visitors.
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Monster HQ

Rick has been staying out of the discussion of who will run the organization with many of the elder monsters sacrificing themselves so the weapons and items can be collected. Once the threat to the world has been suppressed and eliminated, he intends to go back to his life.

In the time between his claiming the Axe in China and his arrival at HQ, he's changed into fresh clothing. Like the clothes he wore in China, though, they're relatively cheap and simple, so as not to waste too much money when he has to 'hulk out' again later.

Which, he judges, will be soon, when he hears helicopters. He rises and moves to a window or door, tilting his head as he listens, frowning. "Get ready," he advises any other monster-kin present. "We're about to have visitors..."
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Arisa looks to Rick and ruffles her wings in annoyance. She's tired and sore, but still riding the adrenaline rush of her last battle. Her burns had been treated by someone with skill and a miracle ointment. She moves to another window for a better look. The thrumming of the choppers grows louder and louder. It can only be Malbozia and his minions coming to reclaim the artifacts. A brilliant plan, really, Arisa realizes. Why go after each individually when they can kill the more senior monsters while they are divided, allow the artifacts to be gathered together, and get them all in one fell swoop?

The Demon likely thought with the elders dead, the new generation's relative inexperience would make them easy prey. A sound theory. However, inexperience breeds unpredictability and Malbozia couldn't counter what he couldn't see coming. Vlaad, if by some miracle you are alive, now would be a really good time to show up.

"Let them come."
          I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

((All but Livia has arrived at headquarters, and everybody has learned that the 'old masters' are pretty much dead/finished..sorry to those who had not finished, but ample time was provided))

All but one of the artifacts have been successfully gathered, and there is quite some fear from the remaining gathered monsters. Their most powerful have been killed, are missing, or just not here..and they are about to be attacked. The vast majority of what remains are not fighters. Their special abilities can take them far, petrification and such..but they are mostly non combatants. Or were, from the sounds of things...everybody is going to need to fight.

Outside

Reggie has ringside seats for what very well may be the end of the world. APV's, Vans, and even a tank or two roll up on the headquarters..there seems no end to the number of people piling out of vehicles and heading into the headquarters. He is able to see they have all sorts of special equipment also. They appear to be ready for just about anything.

Inside

"Do NOT let them get the artifacts together in one place!" The accent of the person seems to be maybe Russian..but everybody is wearing some sort of mask.

Even with the monsters being ready for them, they manage to surprise everybody. Smoke grenades strike first, then they fire some sort of flare, which bursts above and causes some sort of colored strobe effect which distorts things and makes them seem to be moving in slow motion (but of course they are not). Quickly followed by some sort of siren to disrupt communications. They are taking out the senses, no doubt the masks protect them somewhat from all the chaos going on.
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Inside

Rick is not surprised that they've come prepared. The smoke grenades, thankfully, appear to be the kind meant to obscure vision with clouds of the stuff, rather than tear gas or similar. Thus, between the smoke and the strobing lights, he is not bothered. In his professional life, he's a pro wrestler who puts up with theatrical smoke and strobe lights all the time, albeit mostly through entrances.

He draws a deep breath while the air is still relatively clear, and... Changes. His clothes strain, and burst over his swelling form as his skin turns warty and green and hairy, growing in size and musculature.

He meets the first attacking soldier with an Axe to the chest, ripping the blade free and then kicking out with enough force to send the man's body cannoning back into his fellows. He then very quickly gets out of the doorway and vanishes into the smoke, where he unleashes a booming troll war bellow, a roar of challenge and defiance.
              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

Comment

Reggie watches the onslaught and decides he alone can do little. But he has friends in the night, and they have friends. He slips away and seeks out the denizens of the night, the street people, the homeless, the gangs. He has done many favors for them over the years. He explains what’s happening, and waits for them to gather their forces outside of headquarters. They may not be trained soldiers, but they can be vicious, and there are a lot of them.

The mercenaries aren’t sure what started happening in their rear, but it distracted them from the main assault. Soon they realized they were caught in the middle and did not like it. How do they survive a human tidal wave of fury?

Comment

With all the chaos and havoc the attack brings, the figure in the door almost gets by unseen. Almost. One of the humans shouts "She has the last piece! Stop her!!" pointing right at a startled and confused Livia. ((She can tell you what happened at the scene of the armored car once everything has dialed down if she wants)). One of them tackles her, and the final artifact goes flying out of her hands. It is batted around like a hockey puck from human to monster, back to human, and back to monster. Everybody is now more focused on getting the item then they are about attacking each other.

Just as it is passing by Reggie, he gets caught in some sort of silver net. Probably more for a werewolf then a zombie, but still is pretty good for tangling him up. It goes sliding right by him..and then is stopped by Ester. She cackles, picks it up...one of the humans yells "STOP HER!!! IT'S A TRAP!!!" just as the world seems to go into slow motion. She slams it into place and all of the items light up with an eerie red glow. They begin levitating, spinning faster and faster and faster. Somewhere, even though it is nowhere near time .. a bell tolls midnight. Twelve clear bells ring, one at a time. Everything just stops.

Malbozia, and all of his lieutenants and generals (All alive and well..or well for demons that is) appear around the items. Malbozia looks at Ester "Thank you my new Lieutenant. You shall be rewarded well for your actions here today."

Ester cackles, looks at Sunny. "I told you we would protect you deary, don't despair yet." She looks at Malbozia. "I didn't do this for you, you hairy wart on the backside of a mule!" She cackles again as the items emit a gold light each striking the chest of certain individuals ((That would be your characters))..and each can feel strength and power flowing through them. The power of Legends.

Your full powers are now realized, the vampires have the full power of Vlad Dracule, etc. Reggie feels a powerful hunger on him, his strength increased many times.

Comment

Rick Angstrom - Troll Legend

Somehow, in the chaos, the Axe is torn from Rick's hands. But he barely notices. The red hot rage of a troll in full battle is driving him to attack anything that moves, which is fortuitously only the mercenaries. A silver net falls toward him, but he gets his fingers into it and just rips it apart.

And then the bell tolls.

Rick stares as Malbozia and Balbalor and the other demon generals appear, and he bares his teeth in a fearsome scowl, growling loud enough to be heard even by them--

And then the light strikes him.

Rick convulses, and his growl turns into a full troll bellow as he gets bigger still, hair and warts sprouting across his green skin as he tops nine feet tall, muscles bulging, yellow eyes glaring at the demons arrayed before them. Rick knows, then, that the demons stand no chance.

What hope do they have against Legends?

He thumps his chest with a massive fist, roaring again. "FELLOW MONSTERS!" he shouts. "LET'S SHOW THESE FOOLS WHY THE WORLD TREMBLES AT OUR NAME!"

And then the demons will have a huge, angry troll charging straight at them.

Comment

Arisa Holt -- Heir of Dracula

Arisa coughs against the smoke and throws up an arm to shield her eyes from the strobe effects of the flash grenade. It takes a few precious moments for her to regain her senses in time to see Ester place the last of the artifacts. Light slams into her and power courses violently through her. When it subsides, Arisa instinctively knows her powers are complete.

Beside her, Rick bellows a challenge. "Indeed, my friend." Her lips curl into a full snarl flashing fangs. "Let us show them why they are fools to take us on."

Within a blink of an eye, Arisa shifts into fog and reappears in the middle of a cluster of mercenaries. A few heartbeats later, they are in pieces.
                      Last edited by jedimaster91; 11-23-2012, 01:49 AM.
                      I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Once the demons are in play, the few remaining humans and street people decide that discretion is the better part of Valor, and begin a hasty retreat. It will take them some time to clear out of everybody's way, however. Especially with the smoke.

Rick has torn his way through to Balbalor, knowing that until the others fall it is useless to attack Malbozia directly. The demon is trying, and failing, to call his minions from the item so is somewhat caught off guard. Though about equal in strength, even now, Balbalor is off balance as Rick runs into him head on. Too late he drops the item to try to wrestle with the titanic troll. Balbalor is driven to the ground.

Mere humans provide no challenge to Arisa, falling to either her enhanced strength and speed or with one look into her eyes falling under her spell. She spots what can only be Orcus, slithering up behind Rick. Not to save Balbalor, they don't care for each other, but at the moment Rick strikes he will finish off one of his foes. Orcus would be the only being that could have felled Dracule, and just as Rick can in no way sense or see Orcus, Orcus has no clue that Arisa has spotted him.

Reggie is untangled by a group of his helpers, who do not plan to stick around to fight demons. Sticking it to the 'man' is one thing, demons something else entirely.
                        Last edited by Mytical; 11-23-2012, 04:23 AM.

Comment

Reggie felt a new powerful hunger, and the energy needed to feed it. He looked around at the remaining mercenaries and started snacking on those most threatening to his companions, leaving them free to concentrate on the demons.

Comment

Reggie is a little surprised when not only the first couple become infected, but the others he bites..and those that they bite..also become infected...and all under his control. He has become patient zero of the zombie horde..the legendary zombie that started it all. With every turned victim, his strength grows..regardless if he turned them or not. Monsters and demons might be immune to being infected..but a horde is a horde after all.

Comment

Uber-Troll Rick Angstrom

Balbalor wrestles with Rick, both demon and troll grappling for the upper hand, pounding one another when they can. The demon weathers the punches with supernatural stamina, and each blow that connects on the troll heals within moments.

"Give it up," Balbalor snarls. He clamps a massive fist around the troll's throat. "I'm a prince of Hell, one of Malbozia's Generals. I've been fighting since before your kind crawled mewling out of the mud."

"I am something you are not," Rick growls past the iron grip.

Balbalor scoffs. "And what would that be?"

Now Rick's hand grabs Balbalor's wrist, thumb digging in, twisting, wrenching the hand away from his throat, as his other hand snaps out, punching the demon in the throat. Balbalor croaks from the impact, then grunts, limbs flailing as Rick grabs him by neck and groin, lifting him bodily overhead, muscles bulging.

"HEAVYWEIGHT! CHAMPION! OF THE WORLD!" Rick Angstrom roars, before spiking Balbalor head-first into the ground. Once that's done, he then leaps up and brings his massive foot down with bone-pulverizing force onto the demon's skull.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                                Mere humans provide no challenge to Arisa, falling to either her enhanced strength and speed or with one look into her eyes falling under her spell. She spots what can only be Orcus, slithering up behind Rick. Not to save Balbalor, they don't care for each other, but at the moment Rick strikes he will finish off one of his foes. Orcus would be the only being that could have felled Dracule, and just as Rick can in no way sense or see Orcus, Orcus has no clue that Arisa has spotted him.
                                When Arisa laid eyes on the towering, demented pan figure with wings and goat horns, she knew exactly who he was. "Orcus!" she shouted above the din. The fog around the demon lord thickened, effectively cutting him off from everyone else. "You and I have a score to settle."

Orcus turned in a slow circle trying to catch a glimpse of his adversary. "Foolish little vamplette. I know all your tricks." The poisoned tip of his tail twitched threateningly.

"Correction. You knew all of Dracula's tricks. You don't know a thing about me."

He grinned, which came across more like a snarl. "I know enough." Orcus brandished a wicked looking stake still stained with blood. "You don't think I could have felled the mighty Dracula without doing my homework, do you? And you, little whelp, are a pale shadow compared to him. Defeating you will be child's play."

The mention of Dracula sparked the familiar coil of rage in Arisa. Without warning she materialized from the mist, ripped a chunk of flesh from Orcus, and disappeared just as quickly. He struck with his stake, but Arisa was long gone and striking from another angle. Orcus was no match for Arisa's enhance speed and strength. One lucky pass deprived the demon of his stake and the next had it buried deep in his chest. Orcus blinked once in surprise before toppling over, crushing several lesser demons with his bulk.

The mist dissipated quickly and Arisa looked for another target.

Comment

Working...
                                X