This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Um ... thanks ...

I walked in for my shift today and was heading for my locker when the woman in the payroll/human resources/whatever room came trotting down the hall after me.

"Pixelated, I think this is yours," she said, handing me what looked like a pay stub. For a horrible minute I thought I was being let go, although it occurred to me they'd not likely do that in the middle of the hallway.

"Yeah, this has been sitting around for a while; it must be from before you gave us your direct deposit information."

Yep, folks, that's right ... it was a PAYCHEQUE. An actual paper cheque. And since I started in October, the damn thing has been sitting there for what, three months now ...

OTOH, unexpected money is never a bad thing.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Quoth Pixelated View Post
    it was a PAYCHEQUE. An actual paper cheque. And since I started in October, the damn thing has been sitting there for what, three months now ...
    Better late than never. OTOH: how much longer 'til they would have to start paying you interest? Also, how did you miss that all this time?
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I dunno about interest, but apparently after six months, the cheque becomes null and void ...

As to how I missed it, I am truly terrible with money. I think it might have been from "orientation" rather than actual work hours -- ironically, another coworker came in today having been notified of exactly the same thing ...
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

When I first got hired at the Warehouse sometime ago, I was given a paper check -- something I hadn't seen since I worked at Random Craft Store in the early 2000's.
        Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

If multiple people are just NOW getting checks, it probably means some MiM put them some place 'safe' and promptly forgot about/buried them. At some point, someone unearthed them (or accounting had a query...) and they were rushed out.

Comment

Quoth Buzzard View Post
            If multiple people are just NOW getting checks, it probably means some MiM put them some place 'safe' and promptly forgot about/buried them. At some point, someone unearthed them (or accounting had a query...) and they were rushed out.
            I think you've nailed it, consider the cheque was dated October something-or-other 2018 ...
            ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Working...
            X