This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth EricKei View Post
    Sounds to me like he earned himself a couple of extra hours' pay for just standing there like a log. o_O
    Looks like he needs his own theme song. Here it is.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
      He may have a spark of Clever i
      Not so much "clever" as "overthinking."

Just standing in one spot requires a detailed plan.

I just can't imagine living in a world where nothing, not one blessed thing, is simple.
      I have a map of the world. It's actual size.

-- Steven Wright

Comment

Quoth TonyDonuts View Post
        Not so much "clever" as "overthinking."

Just standing in one spot requires a detailed plan.

I just can't imagine living in a world where nothing, not one blessed thing, is simple.
        It's not a fun way to live. You second-guess everything and you're afraid of looking wrong in any way and you keep asking because you don't want to get in trouble. But you get in trouble anyway because you don't have the common sense to know that you were already told what to do.
        My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth TonyDonuts View Post
          You will need to spoon-feed him what you need him to do, as he does it. He cannot picture things in his mind. He has to see it and he has to be able to put his hands on it.

Instructions given ahead of time are almost useless.
          I think we have an Eddie. If a given product isn't already on the shelf, they have no idea what to do with it. I'll literally clear an open spot for it and say "OK, this goes right over here, can you shelve it while I deal with OtherThing?"

Our Eddie will either ask repeatedly where it goes--possibly still putting it in the wrong place if I'm not in visual range--and/or just bring the case over, drop it on the floor and go off to do...something. If I'm not in the area I'll come back to see it on the floor full (which is technically a code violation not to mention unsafe).
          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
          X