Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in.

Background

My sister (Marie) is in town for the week. She is the only one who is still in communication with my other sister (Lynn). She has set up a time (330PM today) to play with Lynn's kids (who I haven't seen in almost a year) where Lynn will be gone for ~30 minutes.

My mom is very upset at the prospect (she would love to see her grandkids, but not Lynn, or even be on Lynn's property) and I'm not sure that I like the idea, but am at the point that I'll take what I can get to see my niece and nephew.

What do y'all think?

SC
    "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Quoth BroSCFischer View Post
    Background

My sister (Marie) is in town for the week. She is the only one who is still in communication with my other sister (Lynn). She has set up a time (330PM today) to play with Lynn's kids (who I haven't seen in almost a year) where Lynn will be gone for ~30 minutes.

My mom is very upset at the prospect (she would love to see her grandkids, but not Lynn, or even be on Lynn's property) and I'm not sure that I like the idea, but am at the point that I'll take what I can get to see my niece and nephew.

What do y'all think?

SC
    I know you care about those kids but do you really think it's a good idea to have to sneak around to see them?
    How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

If it was at Marie's house I'd say go for it, but I really think there's too much potential for trouble if you're going to Lynn's.
      This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
      I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Lynn is aware that mom and I will be there. So, it's not really sneaking around.

SC
        "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

Then if she's aware and raising no objections, it's down to how comfortable you and your mum feel about it.
          This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
          I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Working...
          X