X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Roomie is at it Again

Geeze, how do I put up with this?

She went to an electronic store thats been going down the dumps. She was telling me how the people there didn't acknowledge her while they were helping people. Granted, when I am helping someone with something and someone else needs help, I will say that I will be with them in a moment. But these people are talking about computers, more complicated than make-up (well, 5.5 years and make-up is still a foreign concept to me ). I will let them slide there. Another guy asked her what she needed and was rude saying how he was busy with someone else. Ok, thats not acceptable. Bad service dude, bad bad bad. Next someone finally gets to her, and they don't know where the item she was looking for is and the computer said they had some. Finally someone goes to the back to find it, but without telling her they were doing so.

She now wants to write an emotional letter to the company, and is expecting something back for it. Entitled much?? Just go, "you need better service at this store or I won't shop there again." I hate that attitude. I never expect something back.

is it bad that I'm thing... "Sure... write a letter for her. Just copy and paste what you wrote here...."

although yeah... it would probably end rather messily.

Comment

I probably wouldn't demand anything in return, but I would at least detail her experience and why she thinks the customer service was not acceptable. If you just tell them "Your customer service here needs an improvement!" how will they know what/who to improve?

Comment

Yeah but the problem seems to be "You were helping other customers who were here first... You need to help ME!" ... so it's hard to really "fix" that.

Comment

I meant in the sense of that.

What bugs me the most is the sense of entitlement she has going. She has every right to feel like they did a bad service to her.

Comment

I would vote with my feet, and shop elsewhere.

Did she know this place was going down the tubes when she went there? If so, what did she expect?

Sounds to me the bad service is WHY the place is going down the crapper.
            They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

I'm not sure why they are going down. Part of it may be the service. Another could be they are not changing with the times like the company I am working for is. But thats a total new topic, probably more suited for Fratching.

I don't know what she expected.

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
                I would vote with my feet, and shop elsewhere.
                That IMO is the most effective way to react. I've changed nail salons twice within the last 8 years because of bad service.

Nobody forces a person to shop at a particular store. It's a choice. If I decide I don't like a place of business, I won't return there.

But I'm not about to make a big dramatic production out of it and hound the company in question for compensation. That's ridiculous and makes no sense.
                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                X