This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That moment when ...

... you grab your drink from among a clutter of staff drinks in the backroom and take a hearty slug ...

... and then realize THAT WASN'T YOUR DRINK ...

Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Followed immediately by the twin thoughts of "What do I do now? Put it back and hope they don't notice?" and "I hope they don't have anything catching."
    You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Quoth Kittish View Post
      ... hope they don't notice?...
      Difficult to pull off when the light brown decoction is neither coffee latte nor chocolate milk but...

root beer & milk!
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

It was ice-cold and it had started life as a hot drink, so I'm not even sure the correct owner remembered it was there (or was even in the store anymore).

I opted to quietly put it back ...

dalesys: root beer and milk?!?

It was a day of brain burps. It started with me lollygagging at my computer around 11:30 a.m. when the phone rang. It was The Mothership boss.

"Didn't you trade shifts with [Coworker] today? Aren't you supposed to be here now?"

I've slacked off on writing my shifts (and changes) on the big calendar in the kitchen, so yeah ... I totally forgot.
        ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
          ...dalesys: root beer and milk?!? ...
          Family tradition. Mix half RB and half M. Kind of like a melted root beer float without the glutinous texture of melted ice cream. Commercially available!

Comment

I've never heard of that. I'll give it a try sometime.
            ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
              It was a day of brain burps. It started with me lollygagging at my computer around 11:30 a.m. when the phone rang. It was The Mothership boss.

"Didn't you trade shifts with [Coworker] today? Aren't you supposed to be here now?"

I've slacked off on writing my shifts (and changes) on the big calendar in the kitchen, so yeah ... I totally forgot.
              Uh, oh. Hope you don't get in trouble for that.

Comment

Well, Bossman certainly wasn't happy ... but I got there in record time, and then rushed around like the proverbial chicken with its head cut off when I got there, cleaning this and refilling that and emptying the other, so I think I managed to redeem myself.
                ~ Mr Hero

Comment

You're luck it wasn't Pepsi and milk.
                  Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

That sounds DISGUSTING.
                    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth Cia View Post
                      or a coworkers chaw receptical
                      This is a drama-free zone; violators will be slapped. -Irving Patrick Freleigh
                      my blog:http://steeledragon.wordpress.com/

Comment

Quoth SteeleDragon78 View Post
                        Ye gods!!!

Chewing 'baccy isn't much of a "thing" here, as far as I know, but yeah ... that would've been gross beyond words.
                        ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Bad things can happen when you don't watch what you drink. As in this classic example.
                          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Cia View Post
                            That was Laverne's drink of choice on the old TV show Laverne & Shirley. Made me shudder every time she'd mix up a glass of it. And I agree, it sounds disgusting.
                            You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Quoth SteeleDragon78 View Post
                              Time to re-view inputs... Everything I've et in the last week or so...

That sucking noise is my rear end looking for what it left somewhere...

Comment

Working...
                              X