This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just got an email from Capital One

asking to check a transaction. Did I really mean to leave a 30% tip? Yes, I did. I always overtip. You can tell I've worked in the food industry. Is anyone else a big tipper because of that? Also I think it's really cool that they are pro-actively checking up on me. I've had 4 instances of fraud on different accounts in the last year and a half.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Quoth Food Lady View Post
    asking to check a transaction. Did I really mean to leave a 30% tip? Yes, I did. I always overtip. You can tell I've worked in the food industry. Is anyone else a big tipper because of that?
    For that reason, and also because I appreciate the service they provide and how hard they work to deliver it. That's what happens when your sister was a Head Waitress for
    Big Boy and you yourself are a commissioned salesperson.
    "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
    --StanFlouride

Comment

Trying to watch what I eat, I don't spend as much as I used to. I ask myself "How much would the wait staff make if someone else was at this table?"

Fraud prevention:
      If you have had problems in the past, you love it.
      If you haven't had problems, it is an annoyance.
      Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
      Save the Ales!
      Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

My lowest ever tip was a nickel (he deserved it). My highest ever tip was 100% (we didn't realize they were closed).

Comment

Whenever possible, Mrs. TGK & I tip in cash--lowers the credit card average that the IRS uses to monitor shenanigans.
          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I usually tip 20%, although I don't eat out much now because no job. And I try to give the cash to the server because I've heard too many stories of people stealing tips off of tables and I don't trust people.
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
              Fraud prevention:
              If you have had problems in the past, you love it.
              If you haven't had problems, it is an annoyance.
              I forgot to tell the bank when I drove cross-country a couple years ago. I woke up to my bank card not working. Had to spend a while on the phone getting it sorted out. My bad.

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
              Whenever possible, Mrs. TGK & I tip in cash--lowers the credit card average that the IRS uses to monitor shenanigans.
              And in workplaces that charge the bank fees back to the workers ([cough][cough]cab companies[cough][cough]) the workers appreciate it even more.
              Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
              OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
              she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
              Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

I generally tip 20% now, due specifically to this web site...
                “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Hubby and I usually tip 20% but have gone as high as 50% for exceptional service. We also "thank" favorite servers for special occasions (weddings, graduations, etc, or if we find they are moving on to new employment) with gift cards or gifts. One of our favorite servers at our favorite restaurant was moving up state, and mentioned how he and his sons were looking forward to doing some camping, so we got him a $100 gift card from Cabelas.
                  The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                  X