Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
    It's local cheese...sold in the local shop for local people!
    Actually it's from a farm that is adjacent to my parents farm. We raised beef/eatin cattle they run a dairy and make cheese. Their water comes off our farm. When I'm nearby I stop and buy some cheddar both sharp and smoked. I don't care for their buttermilk cheese.
    They'll sell to anyone even yankees.
    Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

• Some members of the human race are working tirelessly to take our species to another planet. Some fight to eradicate deadly diseases. Some struggle to ensure all humans have equal rights.

Some put Tide pods in their mouths and take videos of it to share on the Internet.

Is there any other species with such a wide variation in relative intelligence? Or do the dumbest animals usually die young before they can breed?
      https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
        Some put Tide pods in their mouths and take videos of it to share on the Internet.
        That sounds like something we would have seen in the movie "Idiocracy".
        Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

• I have seen that stores and the company that makes Tide are putting out all these warnings that people should not eat a product that is already well-known to be poisonous. Some stores are even locking them up. The jaded part of me says, why? Let them kill themselves if they're that dumb. Mankind doesn't need them.

Comment

• Quoth Tanasi View Post
            Actually it's from a farm that is adjacent to my parents farm. We raised beef/eatin cattle they run a dairy and make cheese. Their water comes off our farm. When I'm nearby I stop and buy some cheddar both sharp and smoked. I don't care for their buttermilk cheese.
            They'll sell to anyone even yankees.
            No this is a local shop for local people...there's nothing for you here!
            The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• What if you could have Siamese twins that were different genders?
              The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

I have seen that stores and the company that makes Tide are putting out all these warnings that people should not eat a product that is already well-known to be poisonous. Some stores are even locking them up. The jaded part of me says, why? Let them kill themselves if they're that dumb. Mankind doesn't need them.
                That's probably more of a "We don't want to be sued" thing.
                Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

What if you could have Siamese twins that were different genders?
                  Ask and ye shall receive: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lori_and_George_Schappell

(One of them identifies as male)

Comment

What if you could have Siamese twins that were different genders?
                    Aside from that transgender example... I would think that it might be possible for fraternal twins to be conjoined, as they'd presumably adapt to each other's immune profile in utero .

Except... fraternal twins are a lot more common than identical twins, especially in the era of IVF and other fertility treatments. If it were possible for them to become conjoined, I'd expect to have heard about it! Wikipedia doesn't even mention the possibility, let alone an example.

Comment

• Transform the clothing of everybody in the mosh pit with "Velcroize!"
                      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• Fraternal twins occur when two separate eggs are released and fertilized. Identical twins occur when an already-fertilized egg splits into two. Conjoined twins are a result of the egg not completely splitting. So it's actually impossible for conjoined twins to be anything but identical.

Comment

• A few days ago I posted about hearing sirens and that there was a stabbing on my street. I found out a tiny bit more... A guy sold some speakers, and I guess they didn't work or something, so the buyer went back to get his money back. The seller said no so the buyer stabbed him. My neighborhood is so classy.
                          Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Fraternal twins occur when two separate eggs are released and fertilized. Identical twins occur when an already-fertilized egg splits into two. Conjoined twins are a result of the egg not completely splitting. So it's actually impossible for conjoined twins to be anything but identical.
                            I can think of an at least hypothetical case where conjoined twins might be identical AND physically actually different genders. With the advances in neo-natal medicine it might actually happen one day. The scenario is this- fertilized egg, XXY. This is not horribly uncommon, and usually results in a male that has rather pronounced feminine features. (The flip side, XYY, doesn't give us a possibility of developing as female). So, the egg splits...mostly, and keeps developing. One half develops as male, the other half develops as female (a rarer occurrence) though both halves have exactly the same genetic sequence.
                            Last edited by Kittish; 01-19-2018, 02:30 AM. Reason: Grammar, spelling
                            You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

• I 8 old enough to watch Tremors? Asking for myself. Because I loooove tremors and it's on HBO Now.

Comment

• Or what about some sort of joining together as in the Human Centipede? One man,one woman,superglued or sewn together to make one body with male and female parts altogether.That could work....Hmm... I think I have lots of plans coming to mind...this could make a wonderful experiment

Comment

Working...
                                X