No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've never been able to NaNoWriMo because I always write longhand and don't know the word count until I transcribe it days or weeks later. Seems awfully stressful anyway.
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
      I've never been able to NaNoWriMo because I always write longhand and don't know the word count until I transcribe it days or weeks later. Seems awfully stressful anyway.
      You could count a full page of words and multiply it by the number of total pages. That would give you an approximate word count, but for the NaNo site you have to copy/paste the work into their word counter, which means, yeah, you'd have to transcribe it.

If you don't care about an "official" win, though, the above method works pretty well to give you a feeling of taking part in the event.

NaNo can be stressful but it's also hella exciting. I really enjoy doing it, but the past three years I haven't had a story big enough to work on for it.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post
        OMG it's like typing but I can do it with ONE HAND and do other things with the other hand AT THE SAME TIME!!!!!11!
        ...Yes and those other things are why you are no longer welcome in the public library
        The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
          ...Yes and those other things are why you are no longer welcome in the public library
          I thought it was the no-ell public...
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
            O__O I... I didn't even think of that!

Comment

• Why am I trying to eat dinner while watching reruns of "Dirty Jobs"? He's cutting up lampreys . . .

Comment

• Even though I know it'll be cold and damp and miserable, I'm so looking forward to winter! Lovely frost and hot spiced drinks and flannel sheets. Plus I can wear all my heavy coats and scarves.
                Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• Quoth morgana View Post
                  Why am I trying to eat dinner while watching reruns of "Dirty Jobs"? He's cutting up lampreys . . .
                  Are you eating sushi?
                  "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                    Are you eating sushi?
                    Lasagna . . .

Comment

• How the hell did I manage to spend ninety dollars at a fabric store without buying any fabric?

Comment

• !

Quoth morgana View Post
                        How the hell did I manage to spend ninety dollars at a fabric store without buying any fabric?
                        Been there, done that. "Oh, look at these cute buttons! AND these lovely appliques! Oh, and this thread is on sale ... AND this stuffing ..."

I went out for a bite after my shift today: sandwich and soup, but I brought the soup home. It's jalapeno cucumber. Wish me luck ...
                        Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                        ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• I need a new anime. Favorite ever is Ghost in the Shell. Also love Mushishi and Kino's Journey and Utena. Not a fan of shonen, magical girl or kid stuff in general. Suggestions?

Comment

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
                            Not a fan of shonen, magical girl or kid stuff in general. Suggestions?
                            So I'll assume Chobits is out then...(not quite magical girl and DEFINITELY not kid-friendly)

Would Ouran High School Host Club fit the bill?

Comment

• Not really into teenagers either, unless they are piloting mecha. I'm super-picky about anime. I only get about two hours a week to watch what I want on TV, so I don't want to waste time seeing if I like something, if the chance is slim. Thank you for the recommendations though!

Comment

• Quoth greek_jester View Post
                                Boiler has broken down. I am back to sleeping on the settee in the living room as it is easier (and cheaper) to keep that one room heated than run the floor heater upstairs and heat my room from cold.
                                Boiler chap has been. Circulation system is full of gunk, and the pressure of pushing the water through has damn near burned out the pump. Currently waiting for a quote for flushing the system and replacing the pump.

Regardless, the boiler will have to be replaced in the next few years; it was second hand when it went in, and my house, being so old, is running a bit of a Franken-system.

Being a Victorian terrace, it originally started as 2 bedrooms upstairs, 2 rooms downstairs, no bathroom or kitchen.

Somewhere just before WW1 the kitchen extension (and probably an outside loo) was added, with a little box room above it which I use as a study. Somewhere just after WW2 central heating (and therefore radiators) were added to the 2 main bedrooms and the dining room. At some point a radiator was included in the living room (the pipework was in there but capped off) but was removed at a later date.

Somewhere in the 60's the bathroom extension was added, at which point alterations were made to the dining room (making the window larger, widening the doorway), a new radiator was put in the dining room and one was included when building the bathroom; the bathroom radiator is on a separate loop to the rest of the heating system.

Enter me and my sister in 2009 and we reinstated a radiator in the living room, then added a radiator (including all the pipework on yet another loop) to the box room/study above the kitchen.

Add this convoluted, ancient system to a second hand boiler (now just over a decade old) which had to be crow-barred into it (not literally, the guy was Gas Safe registered!) and you have a bit of a nightmare to keep it running.
                                "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Working...
                                X