X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Gibbo View Post
    small, cute kittens/puppies are indestructible
    Unless Richard is involved. Then all bets are off.

Comment

No-one, ever, needs to use the loo.
      When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

Quoth Chromatix View Post
        Lampshaded in Star Trek: First Contact.

With most anti-aircraft artillery, the charges were pretty destructive, the problem was hitting the target. Flak guns were designed to burst nearby and inflict shrapnel damage, which was quite capable of setting an engine or fuel tank on fire, or killing crew.

Ships' main and secondary cannons (up to 5" calibre) were considered viable AA weapons, especially when you *did* need a one-shot kill (incoming bombers and Kamikaze). These days they have radar-guided Gatling guns and ship-to-air missiles to help out.
        Psst! Joke thread!

Rapscallion

Comment

When taking a beating and being tossed around like a ragdoll by a heavily muscular tattooed brute, the hero will only suffer a slightly bloodied lip, and a few dirty smudges.

Any exposure to inclement weather will immediately result in a cold with an exageratedly reddened nose.
          Shut up and jump.

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
            Nilbog (God help you if you recognize this one),

Listen closely to the soundtrack; and pay attention to the audience, since they are usually far more intelligent than you could ever hope to be.
            I recognize that one, know little to nothing about it, but I recognize it...

Also, Eddie Izzard has a joke about the sound track in horror movies...
            "Oooo! It sounds creepy down here! I'm not going down that path..."
            "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
              I recognize that one, know little to nothing about it, but I recognize it...
              Nilbog is Goblin reversed. It's the town in Troll 2. Famous for this scene:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyophYBP_w4
              Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Especially on tv, but whenever men pull down their trousers they always have boxers.
                It's been a long, long, long, long time...

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                  And you always dial a number that starts with 555.
                  There is a range of 555 numbers reserved for fictional use, so a movie or show doesn't end up using someone's real phone number by accident.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/555_(telephone_number)
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                    There is a range of 555 numbers reserved for fictional use, so a movie or show doesn't end up using someone's real phone number by accident.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/555_(telephone_number)
                    I heard that before some time back, but it's still one of those "predictable" things one comes across in films.
                    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

here's another movie law...doesn't matter how tough and "i'm never going to fall in love!" the guy is. he'll end up falling for main female lead.

Quoth KiaKat View Post
                      Unless Richard is involved. Then all bets are off.
                      yay richard! he's my favorite character...close second's tim. "chicken!"
                      If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
                      ^_^

Comment

Quoth Green_Fairy View Post
                        here's another movie law...doesn't matter how tough and "i'm never going to fall in love!" the guy is. he'll end up falling for main female lead.
                        And Vice-Versa; Even if the main female lead is a lesbian, she'll end up madly in love with the Hero.

Comment

Working...
                        X