This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three brewery CEOs

The CEOs of Guinness, Carlsberg and Anheuser-Busch are sitting in a restaurant, having a business lunch. The waiter comes up to take drink orders.

The CEO of Anheuser-Busch says "I'll have a Budweiser! It's the King of Beers, after all!".

The CEO of Carlsberg says "I'll have a Carlsberg! It's probably the best beer in the world!".

The CEO of Guinness says "I'll have a coke.".

The others stare at him. He shrugs and says "Well, I don't want to be the only one at the table who's drinking beer.".
    The customer is always right, but this is a public house, and you are a guest.

I don't get it.
    ......../\
    ....../__\
    ..../\...../\
    ../__\../__\

Comment

I do! Well-played!

Guinness is the only beer I can stomach.

Comment

The CEO of Guinness (the thick, dark BEER) is insulting Bud and Carlsberg by saying that they are not beers.
        Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
        Save the Ales!
        Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

It means Budweiser and Carlsberg are too weak, as where Guinness is quite powerful.
          Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Ok, now it makes sense.
            ......../\
            ....../__\
            ..../\...../\
            ../__\../__\

Comment

From what I've heard, mass-market beers like Carlsberg and Budweiser are pretty much identical to Guinness that's undergone further processing - through the drinker's kidneys.
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                From what I've heard, mass-market beers like Carlsberg and Budweiser are pretty much identical to Guinness that's undergone further processing - through the drinker's kidneys.
                I've never heard that. I have always heard Budweiser et al. described as similar to what's been processed by a horse's kidneys. Although I have no idea why anyone would give a horse Quinness to drink.
                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Well, you have to remember Guinness is made in Ireland. They're a bit funny over there in the country.

Comment

Guinness is a stout - thick and creamy.
                    Carlsberg and Budweiser are lagers - light and fizzy.

The difference comes from the crop used in brewing, fermentation and temperature of fermentation.

There are beer snobs in my family. I am not one of them - when we go into my Dad's local he apologises for ordering lager for me.
                    "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth Chromatix View Post
                      Well, you have to remember Guinness is made in Ireland. They're a bit funny over there in the country.
                      *glare*

The truth of that statement will not stop me from throwing a potato at you.

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                        Although I have no idea why anyone would give a horse Quinness to drink.
                        Makes perfect sense, Guinness for strength .

Comment

Working...
                        X