This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth PawnPrincess Ardra View Post
    As someone who runs a pawnshop... this show is WAY more accurate than Pawnstars. Just sayin' LOL
    Yeah, I remember those days at the pawn shop. People can get NUTS when you tell them that their extra special super duper secret collectable is worth...crap.

Or the junkies trying to sell the wierdest things to try and get a fix

Comment

Wait, she was going to buy it from the store and then resell it? While I'm a big fan of 'first sale doctrine', FAIL for listing it (under her personal account I assume) while it was still the store's property.

Mom hates the show, but I love it. I want to visit the store just to see what neat stuff they have (and maybe try to sell a 'haunted' Ouija board...kidding, I could never get that on a plane safely). I was a bit surprised when the guy brought in the collection of Living Dead Dolls and Les didn't take them; those can go for some serious bucks on ebay and there are definitely buyers.

Ashley reminds me of A in a weird way...although I did agree with her on the episode where Seth took in a 'sealed' steam cleaner. He should have checked it out first.
      Last edited by Dreamstalker; 04-30-2012, 07:16 PM.
      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Yeah, I remember those days at the pawn shop. People can get NUTS when you tell them that their extra special super duper secret collectable is worth...crap.

Or the junkies trying to sell the wierdest things to try and get a fix
        LOL I will NEVER forget the lady that came into the shop during my first summer here. Dressed to the 9s, mad as hell 'cause her (well known) husband was a-cheatin' on her. She wanted to get rid of her wedding set, and as it turns out.... it was fake. Not just a little fake (being the diamond) but full on gold plated, worth nothing but looked fancy, fake.

And as for the junkies.... funny thing, they never have anything good enough for us to take damnit haha

Comment

I haven't actually watched the show, but I see the promos. One sticks in my mind: A woman had brought in some piece of jewelry tht turned out to be fake. The daughter told her "There's no value to them". The woman said "Kiss my ass" and apparently started to moon the daughter, but the camera cuts away before we see what happened.
          Please, please, please tell me the daughter's response was "no value to that, either".
          Random Doctor Who quote:
          "I'm sorry about your coccyx, too, Miss Grant."

I has a gallery: deviantART gallery.
          I also has a "funny" blog: Aqu Improves Her Craft

Comment

Please, please, please tell me the daughter's response was "no value to that, either".
            i dunno about that but... Seth kinda did to a girl who pulled her boob out. how much for this boob

cos she was pissed that he didn't know what "chervosky" crystals were. I swear when she started pounding the table saying that her "grandmother said they were Chervosky crystals!" ... All I could think of was "My Mama says that alligators are ornery because they got all them teeth and no toothbrush!"

Seth: So how would you like me to pawn those? (laugh)... If you're making me choose... I'll take the ring!!

oo burn.
            Last edited by PepperElf; 05-01-2012, 06:11 PM.

Comment

It was actually a post on this site that got me into the show months ago. After viewing it i told my wife about it and SHE'S into it now as well. Part of me wondered how much is scripted, but.. part of me doesn't want to know. I figured that not all the customer's wear microphones coming in the store.

Some of the stuff though.. yeesh! The guy trying to sell that sex table (you lay on it and a vacuum sucks out the air, trapping you in), the electronics expert trying to pawn a small DVD player with a duct taped cord, the loudmouths who were never taught how to shut up...

Last night's episode was pretty raw though, Ashley breaking down and leaving. I don't know if I'll watch it again though.

Comment

yah i find it hard to believe that a brother and sister would treat each other as badly as they do.

watching some clips on the official site now...

dang les was an ass to the crazy lady imo. she wasn't mean to him... she was just mentally disturbed. no need to use the show to make fun of her.

Comment

Working...
                X